• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 1800X Problem

Associate
Hello,

I hope someone can help this very frustrated man.

I use to have a 2500k, 16gb ram, 1080 GPU and it ran very very well. Now after several years of thinking I should up grade I got myself:

1800x
16gb ram
Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K3 AMD X370

All put together fine but its SLOWER than my old rig. One game I played on old rig ran at 50/60fps on this rig its 15fps. Another game that ran over 100fps is now running at 40fps. the system seems to a bit slower at booting.

The bios is up to date. Ram running at 2900 gpu driver up to date.

I just don't know what is going on. Anyone got same set up that had these problems and fixed? to be honest any help would be welcome.

Soldato
To add, which game - not all are optimised for it and some perform better with SMT off. Worth check all the GPU power connectors are fitted securely also.

What does windows pick up your system as? Hopefully you didn't get it from Amazon ;)

Soldato
SMT whats that and how do I turn it off? Windows 10 professional. Its not just games programes are slow at loading as well

In BIOS, this all sounds like something is wrong so would advice you check the BIOS for your settings and then check in Windows environment what it is running at. SMT is generally a good thing though, simultaneous multi threading.

Check Nvidia control panel for the GPU settings. Check GPUz and CPUz for clocks on all.

If you just installed things I would wipe it all clean and test one program at a time in case something went wrong. Download the latest AM4 drivers direct from AMD and don't install the board software until you know it's all ok. Maybe just clean install and then test Cinebench score to see how the CPU performance looks.

Soldato
As part of trying HWMonitor and CPU-Z, check if it's running at clock speeds you'd expect. Also use GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner to check GPU usage in-game.

Associate
OP
Empyrion which is not optimized but still with this set up should be quicker that 8 year old 2500k cpu The other game I tried was shellshock which I always got very high fps. The fact that these games are slow to load as well has got me confused.

Back
Top Bottom