• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Software Oddity

Soldato
So Recently moved from NVIDIA to AMD (3090 ->7900XTX)

loving it, Great upgrade can play games so much smoother now

loving the new software suite, its soo much better to use

anyway I noticed AMD has MANY processes for their software in full install mode, (nvidia users think NVdiia drivers + Geforce Experience)

counting around 9.
thats not an issue, but what is odd 4 of them are metrics'cpu/gpu desktop/overlay

however if you turn all that off, they still run? seems bit unoptimized

i want full install mode for all the options, but stuff iturn off should turn off

does this do this for everyone else?

Last edited:
Yeah even with stuff disabled I've got the events client, various Radeon settings processes, host application, etc. etc. running. Albeit I've not got GeForce Experience installed but in comparison I've only got 2 processes running for nVidia on my gaming system.

EDIT: It depends a bit on the version as well for AMD - some of them for some reason a lot of the metrics processes go away depending on what features are enabled, other versions just everything runs.

Last edited:
ive reported it as a bug, im on the preview driver for Fluid motion but was same on stable driver too

but 9 proccesses on ams vs on nvidia i had 7 (withGFE) if i do minimal i could getd own to 2. but the control panel is pretty awesome

Ideally unused processes would not be run, but having a process running and not doing anything isn't necessarily a problem. It may use some RAM, but if it's truly unused then it will use 0 CPU, so it won't slow anything down.

The processors are there for when you toggle. If you have them switched off you should see 0 CPu usage therefore nothing to panic about.

When you do a min install these will be removed completely.

Without these processes you will not be able to toggle the settings you have chosen for the install.

The processors are there for when you toggle. If you have them switched off you should see 0 CPu usage therefore nothing to panic about.

When you do a min install these will be removed completely.

Without these processes you will not be able to toggle the settings you have chosen for the install.
that's bad design from a software point of view,

You only need 1 process listening for toggles to run another you don''t need 3 processes listening for toggles.

because after time you will have 40 processes listening for multiple toggles & get out of control

Back
Top Bottom