• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD THREADRIPPER VS INTEL SKYLAKE X

Soldato
Not sure about PCPer as they've talked about putting in orders for kit before but some places will have a sponsor sending them kit to test which will often limit things a bit especially if they aren't flush for cash and depending on ad revenue and 3rd parties to keep things afloat. (Hint if you disable your ad blocker maybe they could afford to buy some 3200 RAM :p).

Should stop buying Frontier Editions instead :p

Man of Honour
PcPer ordered 3 FE cards.

Two air cooled, and one water cooled.

Was talking about the air cooled cards. Didn't realise any of them had additionally ordered a water cooled variant - I mostly followed GN on that aspect who modded one of their air cooled cards to hybrid.

Soldato
Was talking about the air cooled cards. Didn't realise any of them had additionally ordered a water cooled variant - I mostly followed GN on that aspect who modded one of their air cooled cards to hybrid.

Yeah. PcPer got two Air cooled one, and then the Watercooled one. They send the photos of the AIO one to GN so they could do that AIO cooler breakdown video.

Caporegime

So 8 more threads and $1700 more money on the Intel side nets you 4% more performance than AMD's Threadripper....

Intel are a joke.

gujk.png

Caporegime
Wow. But this is just 4 desktop CPU's glued together....

But but but........ Intel will react to Threadripper with their already paper launched 18 core Skylake-X!
Thats 2 cores less than this chip already struggling to beat Threadripper, high clock rates? when your 10 core is already pulling 230 Watts and frying motherboard VRMs?

Not even AMD's old and rightfully ridiculed FX-9590 used that much power.

Intel Nope.,

Last edited:
Soldato
But but but........ Intel will react to Threadripper with their already paper launched 18 core Skylake-X!
Thats 2 cores less than this chip already struggling to beat Threadripper, high clock rates? when your 10 core is already pulling 230 Watts and frying motherboard VRMs?

Not even AMD's old and rightfully ridiculed FX-9590 used that much power.

Intel Nope.,

Ahh FX-9590 poor sod, you lost the crown of ridiculousness, Intel stole it from you......

Associate
Which makes AMD as the high moral ground choice also.
But nothing new. This is going since my first CPU. The AMD 386DX40
Snap, same first CPU.
I must say i'm absolutely shocked at that video from AdoredTV. I 100% agree that the only way Intel got away with that is the legal system just doesn't work, and no doubt corruption is rife.
I can't say buying Intel again would sit right with me knowing what I know now. And people thought the VW emissions scandal was bad. Jeez.

Back
Top Bottom