• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD working on Virtual Reality too

Soldato
I can imagine once I reach retirement age they'll stick me in a cuboid similar to one of those japanese hotels with a VR headset on. A machine would wipe my arse and tubes would feed me. I can't wait :D

Soldato
Liquid VR' is AMD's push into virtual reality with software

The latest Silicon Valley company to hop on the virtual reality bandwagon is AMD, this morning unveiling what it's calling "Liquid VR": a software development kit aimed at making VR easier for everyone. The announcement comes from a presentation at GDC 2015 in San Francisco, where virtual reality is dominating the news. What does Liquid VR do for developers and users? It essentially makes everything much easier. As one AMD rep put it during this morning's presentation, "You can plug an Oculus Rift into a computer and start 3D rendering directly to the headset, even without Oculus' SDK." In so many words, Liquid VR is yet another solution for making various VR headsets work easily on various devices; it also optimizes the use of that headset for that particular computer (no doubt powered by AMD's chips).

Liquid VR is AMD's first public step toward VR support, company reps said, with partnerships and more planned for the future. Oculus VR director of engineering Anuj Gosalia says his company is "very excited" about the things AMD is doing in VR, and that Oculus is working on leveraging AMD's work in its own work. For instance, the ability to simply plug in a Rift headset and have it recognized as a VR headset rather than a new monitor.

There are many more, far more complicated ways that the companies are working together, but this is the kind of stuff that will be invisible to most of us -- the kind of stuff that makes VR seamless.http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/03/amd-liquid-vr/

bru

bru

Soldato
Now that actually sounds like a good idea, assuming of course that it can be made to work as smoothly as they envision.

Unfortunately AMD's past record of this sort of thing doesn't inspire confidence, but they could get it right, so lets hope they do and it works as suggested.
I do notice that this is another development kit, so not an actual finished product, which again is a bit of a groan, but at least one step closer.

Soldato
Maybe yes maybe no

This thread is about the sdk liquid VR.. It's AMDs software for VR..

We can continue to discuss all information around this software.. I'll add more that I find once home.

Caporegime
OP
Maybe yes maybe no

This thread is about the sdk liquid VR.. It's AMDs software for VR..

We can continue to discuss all information around this software.. I'll add more that I find once home.

So basically it should have gone in the thread I already created. I have added the info to it (thanks) and a good read and sounds promising :)

Caporegime
OP
No it shouldn't, like I said I created this thread to talk about this software nothing else..

#growup

Funnily enough, I created the "AMD working with Oculus" thread to talk about the software and nothing else. Hashtags don't work on this forum and are more suited to twitter really.

We will let the mods decide :)

Back
Top Bottom