• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

we all need windows 24h2 :) most of the gains are crazy good for all zen tested, either way you go zen4 and zen 5 performance is going to be excellent
Join me, I've been using it for a while. :D

Here's the version you want highlighted below.

1. You can download the ISO above and then use Rufus to convert the ISO to installation media on a USB stick
Example:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Microsoft have always had issues with using CPU's properly, for example it has done for as long as simultaneous multithreading has been around, is still does to this very day, it had problems with AMD's first MCM chips, it still has problems with the multi CCD chips which is especially a problem if one is an X3D CCD and it still has problems with Intel's hybrid architecture.

Why do i say these are Windows problems? Why don't i say these are problems with the CPU's? Because all of AMD's CPU's, including this one and all of Intel's CPU's, including the hybrid ones work perfectly on Linux, the day these Zen 4 CPU's came out they clearly had much better performance in Linux than they did in Windows, on some occasions the performance was so far ahead it looked like Windows was running a 6 year old CPU, and it didn't need AMD or Linux to do anything, it just worked...
The only reason people are starting to notice this now is because of Microsoft privacy shenanigans interest in Linux has spiked.

hSnH5sp.png

SZMP7Go.jpeg

Last edited:
Very curious to see if the X3D chips benefit the same, or less on 24H2.
Yeah, that was my thoughts as well. Cos I could see it either way. Might be that the extra cache mitigates the issues with the older windows and thus sees little improvement, or that it's completely separate and it sees a huge jump on top of its already huge performance. Quick someone with a 7800x3d test it! :)

Wait that's 23H2... i just signed up for the Insider Program and thought that was it :cry:

I guess my 23H2 needs repairing first?
I updated a couple nights back and had to download teh 23h2 repair version first, i then got the 24h2 version after it installed. rebooted and checked for updates again

Installed the 24h2 update and now mafia definitive edition won't load, just stuck on black screen, other games seem fine. Anyone had similar?

Back
Top Bottom