• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Soldato
OP
Hope x3d comes soon I wanna switch to x3d from my 7950x. I look forward to lower power draw and higher fps

Last edited:
Associate
Weekly post for MM here too lol

I'm going to wait until the 5900x is breathing out of its rear end before upgrading. There's nothing that it can't do now that other new chips can ATM
Same here, Really great versatile chip and very happy I have the 12 cores. Kind of hoping we see a 12core X3d chip with cache across all cores sometime in 2025

Soldato
Will getting hold of Zen 5 CPUs be the new supply bottle-neck after the mining-led GPU shortages?

(also has some production dates for Zen 5 in the article)

Soldato
Will getting hold of Zen 5 CPUs be the new supply bottle-neck after the mining-led GPU shortages?

(also has some production dates for Zen 5 in the article)

Intel buying significant quantities of wafers from TSMC will exacerbate this shortage.

Associate
I hope the new 3d CPU’s will come out around the same time as the 5090 etc. if not I will hold off on the GPU upgrade until this happens. Be lovely if everything comes at the same time but…..

Associate
Are Zen5 processors going to be a drop-in replacement from Zen 4 (X670/B650 etc), does it need a new socket or chipset, or is it all unknown at the moment??

Soldato
I've come from the 386 as a first PC and always cared about performance for personal projects, gaming, work (kubernetes etc), android app development, etc, but I think my 3800XT is enough. I don't see a need to upgrade which is a bit sad!

I think the most turmoil I've but my PC through recently was taking part in the AWS DeepRacer league!

Last edited:
Associate
Hopefully there will be some new chipset variants to go with these cpus that don't have as many compromises when it comes to plugging in devices

Back
Top Bottom