• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Caporegime
And is spending a lot on marketing every tech channel is releasing these fluff pieces

No i disagree :), this is what tech channels used to do before everything got dumbed down by people who have no idea what they are talking about.

You don't have to watch it but i found it interesting...

Last edited:
Associate
If the Zen5x3d chips prove to be a big step forward, I think I will upgrade my 5800x3d system.
9700X is about 12% faster then your CPU according to AMD sol i would guess the 9800x 3d will be about 20-25% faster then your current CPU

Soldato
If the Zen5x3d chips prove to be a big step forward, I think I will upgrade my 5800x3d system.

5800x3d here with 3080 for 1440p , id love to jump on AM5 platform but really ain't gonna benefit if stick with 3080 , GPU+ platform upgrade ain't gonna be cheap think I first might do GPU upgrade

Associate
9700X is about 12% faster then your CPU according to AMD sol i would guess the 9800x 3d will be about 20-25% faster then your current CPU

No one knows yet as AMD say how X3D works is being re-engineered, possibly with different chips having different cache sizes. In addition the new mobo chipsets and ram compatibility might make a further difference, so it's a wait and see

Associate
5800x3d here with 3080 for 1440p , id love to jump on AM5 platform but really ain't gonna benefit if stick with 3080 , GPU+ platform upgrade ain't gonna be cheap think I first might do GPU upgrade
I'm planning on going the platform this year, assuming the cpus are good and gpu next year once the next lot are out and assuming they are good. But I'm on a 3900x cpu so will be a bigger jump for me.

Associate
No one knows yet as AMD say how X3D works is being re-engineered, possibly with different chips having different cache sizes. In addition the new mobo chipsets and ram compatibility might make a further difference, so it's a wait and see
Pretty sure Cache sizes are the same, unsure where i saw that now though so do not not if official or rumour. My 20-25% was purely a guess based on what we know about non X
3D Zen 5 and previous iterations of X3D though

Back
Top Bottom