Amount of water?

Associate
Pastel is not electronic none conductive for 3 years lol. no ones ever said that haha. It works for 3 years after a few weeks all coolant except M3 become conductive lol. Ek fluids only last that long because they only have 8% glycol in it. Its states 10 to 25% but we've tested it and it has only got 8% in it. You can test this your self with a refractometer.

Soldato
So why does EK only last 9 months again?

edit: Oh right, you've tested it. So you're saying gylcol, and a anti corrosion inhinitor, is linearly consumed over time? So your pastel is like 32% gycol, in order to be 4 times as good as EK?

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for clarification! :) Now to decide which Pastel to get. Unsure if this has been asked but are any Pastel UV or can they be made UV with UV drops? Just curious

I think there were plans and samples made, but the idea went back to the drawing board for some reason. Sure mlwood37 will tell you why :p I was after a UV orange for my system, but settled on X1 UV Green instead. If you're after UV, check out the X1 range.

On a side note, will Pastel and X1 be fine mixed (diluted) with distilled water? For example, if I required say 100ml more than a 1L bottle. Would it be ok to top up the loop with water. Also nice to know if its ok, if you don't manage drain your loop fully from flushing with distilled.

Back
Top Bottom