amp/dac recommendation

CSB

CSB

Associate
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a amp/dac for my new Edifier s1000w speakers?

My basic requirements are that it supports my Sennheiser PC 38x headset/mic and must be able to connect to my PC.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Hi

Budget?
Or preferred connection for speakers?
Also does the DAC/AMP need to have microphone input for the PC38X? If it does that will considerably change the answer.

Last edited:

CSB

CSB

Associate
OP
I think £500 is the most I'm prepared to spend.

Optical or RCA is fine.

I can always buy a EPOS 1000 Gen 2 If the device has no 3.5mm ports. That said, it must have headset support.

Last edited:
Associate
I think you might have answered your own question, to a degree. I don't think there are many devices on the market that have RCA/Optical out with microphone input. Creative probably the few things I can think of. Soundblaster X5 springs to mind.

So then I assume you'd need a gaming DAC/AMP; GSX 1000, Schiit Hel 2 or SoundblasterX G6 and pair that with another DAC/AMP for speakers?

I think between £150-200 the iFi Zen Dac V2, Fiio K5/K7 or Topping DX3+ Pro are generally the recommendations. At £300+ you start to get into seperate stacks; Topping L30/E30, Schiit stack etc.

EDIT: Or another option would be to run the 'gaming' DAC/AMP with Optical out to the speakers which would then use the speaker's own build in DAC.

Last edited:

CSB

CSB

Associate
OP
I spent the last few days reading lot of reviews.

I'm wondering if I should avoid a DAC completely and go for a Topping A90D + a balanced headset.

Any thoughts?

Associate
I spent the last few days reading lot of reviews.

I'm wondering if I should avoid a DAC completely and go for a Topping A90D + a balanced headset.

Any thoughts?

Wow that sounds like quite a change, you've gone out of my zone of knowledge so I'm not sure I can offer input on this one - hopefully others can.

jcr

jcr

Associate
i have a Topping E30/L30 combo powering Adam Audio monitors on my pc. sound is very impressive.
even the plumber who was servicing my boiler came into the living room to see what set up i was using :D

Back
Top Bottom