An error with my build

Associate
Hey all first post here, I was attracted here by your friendly expert community and as I first time PC builder I was looking for some reassurance.

Basically I bought components to build my own computer on-line and assembled it all to the best of my knowledge.

However when I went for the initial boot I received a 1,3 error
(one long beep, then three short ones)

Spec is:

Intel i5-2500K
ASUS P8-P67 PRO B3 rev.
Corsair Vengance Blue 8GB (2x4GB)
Gigabyte S.O.C GTX560ti
Corsair H60
750W PSU

After troubleshooting with the selling company (reseating, using other PCIe cables, even the 4 pin MOLEX adapters) they came to the conclusion that the GPU is buggered. And agreed to pick up the card for testing, which apparently takes 3-5 working days.

Are these returns common and what are the chances the card will just be sent back (if faulty they will replace it) as if they do I will be back to square one..

Associate
OP
I have tried all different DIMM combos and none of them worked. An AMI bios page I found through google showed that 1,3 is GPU failure.

I cannot do memtest or anything as I cannot boot. I get the 1,3 error then everything spins down.

Associate
OP
Supplier company's testing lab got back. Apparently the GPU is fine.

They then asked if I had "compliant RAM"

I'm pretty sure I've seen Corsair Vengance ran on other computers...

It's coming back tomorrow so I'll try a reseat, then CMOS reset, then I'll check the CPU (at the possible expense of messing my pretty thermal paste) and pins just incase.

If not they've offered to collect my self-build for testing, if it works for them or through stupidity I've broken something (bare in mind first build) it'll cost £40.

Associate
OP
I left it for like 30seconds. The manual says it needs only 10s and you should power up in the reset position (which won't work ) to reset everything.

Plus its not much of a fix if I have to do that EVERY time I wish to boot...

Associate
OP
you sure the 8pin is connected, as I didn't put mine in properly, and it did the same, pushed in correctly, voila.

Check it is in all the way :)

Was this with a P8P67 PRO?

i'm currently waiting on a pair of plyers for an out of case run, if still buggered then the mobo is going back for testing long with RAM and CPU.

Associate
OP
Tried out of case without headers and still no luck.

Supplier offers a self-build test for a possible £30 charge.

I'm gonna take that up I think, no point paying £1000 for a large brick.

Associate
OP
Hey all just an update for ya.

Sent entire PC back to supplier (they were more than happy to accept it, as all parts were from them, although they were happy even if it wasn't)

Faulty mobo. Swapped out there and then by the tech support.

Apparently works perfect. Will see as it arrives tomorrrow :D

Back
Top Bottom