an issue... is it hardware... or battlefield 2 ?

Permabanned
when playing bf2 i get this annoying thing happen every so often, im walking along and suddenly a quick pause then im spun round and end up in a completely weird direction to where i actually wanted to go, it happens on foot, in cars, and choppers, sometimes your driving along, the next minute... *BANG* youve hit a wall and come to a dead stop.

now ive been caught drunk driving on BF2 several times, but usually i dont randomly run into buildings.

so im not sure if this is hardware related or its just bf2 since the patch.

my cpu is overclocked a lot, its a venice 3000+ at 2.5Ghz (up from 1.8) but it never breaks 44oC even after hours of full load, and it passes numerous CPU torture util tests.

my graphics cards an X1800XT 512mb so thats not even an issue as far as i can tell.

opinions please ? :)

You could try this fix that has been posted before. Go to my documents> battlefield 2> mods> bf2> cache and empty all the folders you find there. It'll optimize shaders when you re-enter the game but it is a well known fix that may help. You should do this whenever you alter video settings. Good luck. ;)

Make sure the disk where all the profile stuff (as mentioned above) is totally defragged and running good, as you'll have crappy performance if all those cache files are spread all over your HD.

Lanz said:
Make sure the disk where all the profile stuff (as mentioned above) is totally defragged and running good, as you'll have crappy performance if all those cache files are spread all over your HD.

well, the drives a fragmented to hell seagate 2mb cache 120 gig IDE with a partition, but its being replaced with a 16mb cache ncq SATA 200 gig seagate come the end of this week, (120`s going external :D)

during gameplay though my disk isnt accessed, i have 2 gig and good timings on it to boot.

Chances are it'll work fine then with a new install and disk, its just BF2 being fussy, some people seem to have endless trouble with it, and a re-install fixes everything, where others play it fine even on the crappiest pc.

Yeah definately re-install, as dumb as it sounds it does actually seem to work - Had the same problem before and its bloody annoying, especially when your shooting at someone :p

fresh install seemed to fix it though

lol... i get that some times, running along stop and the my gun point into the air spins rounds quite quickly.

the only thing I can think it is, is the mouse... I have a raptor, and is quite sensitive.

I saw it a couple of times while playing, but have recently reformatted and havent seen it since, not sure if that fixed it because like i say, only saw it a couple of times...

Could me the mouse, sometimes my mouse pointer zips across the screen! Problem with MS Explorer mouse, perhaps mouse mat is confusing the optical mech?

squiffy said:
Could me the mouse, sometimes my mouse pointer zips across the screen! Problem with MS Explorer mouse, perhaps mouse mat is confusing the optical mech?

yeah, weird desk grain used to cause it on mine too...

squiffy said:

hmmm... since i went to a solid plastic matt, my opticle mouse gets cacked up a lot faster, i wonder if thats causing it...

Back
Top Bottom