Anandtech has closed

Anandtech was the place to go to for really deep dives into the Apple Smartphone SOCs, the design of the CPU/GPUs etc. They did great articles as to how (at the time) the Qualcomm Socs were throttling very quickly and agressively compared to the Apple Socs. It was clear to me that they had some inside info coming from Apple. It wasn't a surprised therefore when Anand went to Apple. At it's peak it was the prime place I went to for tech reviews. Havn't been on that site for several years now.

It was the go to site for hardware reviews and news back in the 2000's along with Toms Hardware. The decline started when it was sold to Purch back in 2014 and Anand left at the same time, once Ian Cutruss left the site it struggled with it's content and it never recovered.

RIP Anandtech

No good telling people in this section of the forums, most of them are grumpy old men who more than likely can't get it up anymore and never post anywhere else, whinging about everyday life.

yes that's a pity - 50/50 use of that and arstechnica - comments are often more intelligent than utube.

That's a loss. I get the convenience of a video review but I've always preferred a proper text review. AnandTech, Hexus, Toms Hardware and OC3D were some of the places I'd first go to for a review, if there was a written one available.

That's just two remaining now.

That's a loss. I get the convenience of a video review but I've always preferred a proper text review. AnandTech, Hexus, Toms Hardware and OC3D were some of the places I'd first go to for a review, if there was a written one available.

That's just two remaining now.

You should try Kitguru and Club386 (the old Hexus).

Who remembers Rodney Reynolds - 3DGameman! :cry: He vanished in 2016 and returned in 2022, and doing regular ever since on games, IT news etc, I didn't realise lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom