Android Studio Error

Soldato
I thought i would have a go at making a simple app as i was bored last night, done some Googling and found Android Studio. Got everything installed and working, opened my first 'app' so to speak and then went to run the emulator and got a HAXM error. I done some more Googling and realized i had to turn on vitalization, done so, restarted when to do it again.. still got the error. Re-installed all that kind of stuff, still nothing. What am i doing wrong?

I saw that i had to enable VT-x and it says in my BIOS that it is supported but i can't find the setting for it.

This is on the PC in my sig..

Help me before i throw the bloody thing out of the window!

Soldato
OP
Actually you didn't, you just said turned virtualisation on, no mention of where or how :rolleyes:

In my defense I thought that was the only way? :p

Are you running the latest mobo bios?

Other option would be to use eclipse rather than studio (I never got on with studio).

Yeah, everything is up to date. Yeah, i did start with that but i found an easier guide to follow that suggested Studio, so i thought i'd try that instead.

I've never done this before so have no idea what I'm doing.

Soldato
If you're doing it to learn coding I'd personally go with eclipse. It may still be buggy but in my experience it's a damn sight better than studio.

Check out androidhive.com there's some great tutorials they may not be best practise but they're a great place to start. Or failing that straight from the developer guide you can't go wrong.

If you chose to use eclipse I should be able to point you in the right direction if needed.

Afaicr the android emulator requires haxm which requires vt-x.

Soldato
OP
If you're doing it to learn coding I'd personally go with eclipse. It may still be buggy but in my experience it's a damn sight better than studio.

Check out androidhive.com there's some great tutorials they may not be best practise but they're a great place to start. Or failing that straight from the developer guide you can't go wrong.

If you chose to use eclipse I should be able to point you in the right direction if needed.

Afaicr the android emulator requires haxm which requires vt-x.

To be honest, I've done some reading and I'm going to go with eclipse. I have no intention to learn coding, i just want a challenge, so i thought, i'll build my own app, most i've done coding wise is setting up server rules and that sort of stuff in minecraft.

Yeah, my cpu supports vt-x and i found this info in the bios but can't find the setting to turn it on? if that's possible?

I'll have a look through that link, i'm a pretty fast learner and don't mind jumping in at the deep end.

Thanks, that would be great.

Soldato
OP
You can also create an amoeba virtual machine. Doesn't need haxm but takes an age to load.

Ah right, that kind of stucks but may be the answer.

What os are you running?

Windows 7 Pro. All the latest updates, mobo updated, gpu drivers, everything!

Also.. there doesn't seem to be any tutorials on android hive? or do i have to look through all the pages of the blog? Androidhive.com didn't work

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom