1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angel GT vs road 5

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Tefal, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Hey guys whst do you think for sport touring tyres for all conditions.

Have used angel gts in the past but Theyr e fairly old now the new road 5s are meant to have great wet performance but I'm not too sure how they fsir up in the dry for sport riding too also for milage.

Seems cause Theyr e a few years apart there s no comparison reviews Theyr e all road 4 vs road 5

2. Captain

Capodecina

I've got road 5 fitted now, went for a 190/55 profile as they turn in a lot better, they are fantastic tyres.

I rode for a few hours yesterday in the rain and had no issues with corners, loads of grip.

Great dry weather performance too.

3. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

I've always found the Angel GTs last longer and slightly better (confident) in the dry but the PRs are brilliant in the wet. Though that's compared to PR4s, i'm getting PR5s probably in the next month or two.

4. Scort

Mobster

Had Pilot Road 4s on the Hyperstrada - brilliant in the wet, and better in the dry.

5. BUDFORCE

Wise Guy

I've had road 5's on this year, I cannot compare vs Angel GT as ive never used them, but vs my old Bridgestone bt023's they are a massive improvement.

Seem to be lasting also, I'd have the check mileage when I get home but probably 2000 miles no signs of squaring off on the rear yet (160/60) sv650.

6. Snaggle

Mobster

Had Pr 2/3/4's and when my s21's are gone i will get some pr5's

7. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Getting road 5 fitted now Will update how they compare once worn in

8. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Wow I did not realise how bad the old tyres affected handling. Just rode home on the road 5s and the bike wants to turn a do lean Instantly.

9. BUDFORCE

Wise Guy

I just checked and I've done almost bang on 3000 miles on the road 5 tyres and the rear is just starting to square, it's still round all the way just not as round. Front looks good as new.

10. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Second time my road 5 rear has had a puncture now and this time on a nearly new tyre.

really lost confidence in them tbh.

I think I'm gonna get a new gt 2 on the back now