Anglian Windows sales scum

Soldato
So my missus gets a call last week from Anglian, who fitted her double glazing a few years back. She rather stupidly tells them she was in the market for a new front door, which is true. They called back last week and said can someone come over to quote her. I told her not to do it, but she decided to anyway.

So some huge bloke turns up at hers this morning and asks her if she lives alone. She wisely said she lives with her partner but they (me), are out at the moment.

He measures up, sits himself down and tells her the best price he can do is £1800.00 for a UPVC door. Yep, £1800.00. She tells him no way. He goes down to £1500.00. Finally he tells her a grand, but only if she signs now. He also said she can sign up and when I get back and decided I don't like it, we can cancel.

She said no thanks, but thanks for the quote and she will bear it in mind. He then gets all aggressive saying there is no way she can get a door fitted for less and basically she is a dumb woman who has no idea what she is doing.

She then stands up, tells him to politely leave. He refused and said she needs to sign. She then tells him she will call the Police at which point he gets up, calls her an idiot and walks out, get is his car and wheelspins up her road.

Is was underatdably upset but to top it all off, he has just called and and said she lied to them and said I was going to be there when he came round! :mad:

Apparently her thousand pound deal lasts until 5pm lol. Are these people for real? I have just been quoted a composite door fitted from a local place for £500.00.

Anyway, sales scum, wall of text, cool story bro, etc etc. :D

Associate
When we had our conservatory fitted we got a quote from Anglian windows.

They wanted £16,000 for a 3 x 3M glass conservatory. I said I would think about it and gave the nod to a local firm to do it for £8k. I got a phone call a day later from one of the Anglian sales managers saying they had a cancellation and they could now do it for £7k all in.

I told them where to stick it.

Avoid Anglian Windows, they are the new Coldseal.

Soldato
OP
So are Weatherseal lol, they are very persistant just to get a sale.

I reckon their commissions must be pretty big. A grand for a door worth £250.00 is a total joke.

I just fear this is not the end of it. They are going to call her again later. If I am round there, I shall be taking the phone and telling them to **** off.

Associate
Used to work for them as telesales (10+ years ago). Good experience, I learnt a lot but their tactics were really underhand including offering people the opportunity to have their work done for free if it was featured in a brochure which didn't exist. Hopefully they've cleaned up their act a bit - but perhaps not ^^

Permabanned
We have had a new front door fitted recently for 625 by a local company - not the cheapest quote we got, but they are well known around here for their quality so im happy to pay a bit more... but even so, 1k is ridiculous for a door.

Soldato
To be honest I think most glazing companies are the same with the 'sign now' deals.

I asked Everest and a recommended local company to come and give quotes. Everest started off at 22k for 10 windows and 2 doors, then after all the 'discounts' came down too around 12k. The local company came in around 10k, but offered a buy now, pay later deal.

I told both salesman I was getting quotes from the other and it turned out they knew eachother and used to work together. You can guess what they said about eachother.

Anyway, both did the 'sign now for the best deal' routine. I told both there was no way as I wanted to think about it. Local guy didn't look like he was going to leave and tried to hang on, Everest guy said ok fine.

Local guy then continued to call me everyday for around 2 weeks. Everest guy called me back a couple of days later and offered to do the work for 10k+, last chance 'manager's deal' and open until midnight. Local guy continued to call, offered a slightly better deal (1k off I think) and that I could sign the paperwork but they wouldn't start work until I was ready or that I could cancel later. Yeah right.

In the end I was so appalled, I didn't go through with it. It wasn't like my windows were falling out anyway. Next year I may go through the process again but with different salesmen, at least now I know that if I refuse initially, they'll offer the 'deals' later on.

I was mostly annoyed by the 'this is our best price, buy now or you lose out', but then in a couple of days they'd call back and knock off a couple of grand straightaway.

/rant

Caporegime
She then stands up, tells him to politely leave. He refused and said she needs to sign. She then tells him she will call the Police at which point he gets up, calls her an idiot and walks out, get is his car and wheelspins up her road.

if that's not exaggerated it might be forth just popping up or calling the local police station and informing them, in case he's treated others the same way and they've had complaints but unable to do anything. (like only one other person reported it so only one persons word versus another)

Soldato
OP
if that's not exaggerated it might be forth just popping up or calling the local police station and informing them, in case he's treated others the same way and they've had complaints but unable to do anything. (like only one other person reported it so only one persons word versus another)

Well I am going round to see her shortly and ask her exactly what happened as I am fuming. There may be some exaggeration on her part but she is adamant he stormed out and wheelspinned up her road. He was very aggressive when he called back as well.

I really want to report it but there is no point in going straight to Anglian and not sure if the Police are going to be bothered?

Can't stand the thought of him taking up that attitude with older, weaker minded people who will just buy under intimidation.

Soldato
Everest are no better. Still waiting for them to finish our two new patio sliding doors, over a year later. They need to be totally refitted. Product not fit for purpose as they expand so much in the sun, like today, that they become a mare to open and close.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I am going round to see her shortly and ask her exactly what happened as I am fuming. There may be some exaggeration on her part but she is adamant he stormed out and wheelspinned up her road. He was very aggressive when he called back as well.

I really want to report it but there is no point in going straight to Anglian and not sure if the Police are going to be bothered?

Can't stand the thought of him taking up that attitude with older, weaker minded people who will just buy under intimidation.

I know what you mean, though if he did that to my wife, she would be getting out the knives set , that would scare him pretty much. It's funny that when i had the Weatherseal rep come out, on one hand he said there products where the best in the market, even though he kept saying they are expensive though. Not a good way to convince someone to buy there overpriced products.

Soldato
I have the same problem with my fitted wardrobes, I need to order one which is 3m wide and the other at 3.6.

I think sharps sharted at around 18k and they are now down to 8k which is still way too much.

I will probably just go with nolte in the end as they seem quite good and are much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom