ANNO 1800

Soldato
Been playing this on the back of the uplay+ trial having never played an anno game previously. This game is far to addictive! my only issue is ive now not played it for a while and a bit at a loss to where i am and the plans i had! earning plenty of crust off owning all of Beryls most prolific islands. when she starts to be a pest its gonna be takeover time :D but for now shes far more profitable to just appease once in a while.

its a shame its still quite a few ££ to buy, i begrudge paying for uplay+ when this is the only game im playing.

Associate
Been playing this on the back of the uplay+ trial having never played an anno game previously. This game is far to addictive! my only issue is ive now not played it for a while and a bit at a loss to where i am and the plans i had! earning plenty of crust off owning all of Beryls most prolific islands. when she starts to be a pest its gonna be takeover time :D but for now shes far more profitable to just appease once in a while.

its a shame its still quite a few ££ to buy, i begrudge paying for uplay+ when this is the only game im playing.
The complete edition goes down to around £40 - currently just under on GMG if you have their 'VIP' status (whatever that is).

Man of Honour
This game is far too addictive, but as others have said, difficult to pick up where you left off if you stop playing. I got my monies worth out of season 1, but season 2 just seems more of the same, so I’ll skip that for now.

Soldato
Does anyone have issues with their Uplay client..? I often find that it forgets my username and password, even tho I tick the options for it to keep them. I did create a thread over in their forums, not much help tho.

Not played this one for a while and then tried to pick up where I left off, I see that I'll have to restart to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do, lol. Not bothered with any of the DLC's etc, they don't seem to offer much for the cost. I do wish this had been on the Steam platform.

Associate
Does anyone have issues with their Uplay client..? I often find that it forgets my username and password, even tho I tick the options for it to keep them. I did create a thread over in their forums, not much help tho.

Not played this one for a while and then tried to pick up where I left off, I see that I'll have to restart to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do, lol. Not bothered with any of the DLC's etc, they don't seem to offer much for the cost. I do wish this had been on the Steam platform.

Only issue I've ever had with it was with installing Anno 2070 off the disk - they must have changed how they do version numbers because it'd install with Anno, then it'd tell you it was outdated and to update. So it'd download the update, then the update would tell you the currently installed version is newer and not install rinse/repeat. Had to find and some german uplay patch for it to work.
I wonder if it's not got permission to write the login details for some reason.

Soldato
Only issue I've ever had with it was with installing Anno 2070 off the disk - they must have changed how they do version numbers because it'd install with Anno, then it'd tell you it was outdated and to update. So it'd download the update, then the update would tell you the currently installed version is newer and not install rinse/repeat. Had to find and some german uplay patch for it to work.

Those installs are not small either...!

About 50% of the time it seems to work, password and username remembering. Fresh installation of the latest client. Then it just randomly stops and the next time that I wish to play a game from it then it asks again for the username and password.
It does work fine for a few days then up it will pop with a blank details section.

My thread here shows others with the same issue....

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...be-manually-logged-in-sometimes-Auto-logs-out

no actual resolve for those who are affected, so it seems.

Associate
Board game could be interesting, just depends how it's done.

Those installs are not small either...!

About 50% of the time it seems to work, password and username remembering. Fresh installation of the latest client. Then it just randomly stops and the next time that I wish to play a game from it then it asks again for the username and password.
It does work fine for a few days then up it will pop with a blank details section.

My thread here shows others with the same issue....

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...be-manually-logged-in-sometimes-Auto-logs-out

no actual resolve for those who are affected, so it seems.

Yea, in the end the solution was to just download 2070 off uplay directly, on my 4Mb line. I've not really used Uplay much more recently so I've been lucky enough to avoid the bug!

Associate
Been looking at getting this, any thoughts on if its worth getting the complete or just going standard edition? Season pass 1 looks good but season 2 dosent seem as interesting.

Associate

This is incredible. I had exactly this same problem years ago while installing Anno 2070. That was my only reason for installing UPlay. In the end I gave up and it's still sitting on the shelf unplayed. Customer service was non-existent. I thought I was the only one and not worth bothering with for them.

Haven't bought anything requiring UPlay since.

Associate
This is incredible. I had exactly this same problem years ago while installing Anno 2070. That was my only reason for installing UPlay. In the end I gave up and it's still sitting on the shelf unplayed. Customer service was non-existent. I thought I was the only one and not worth bothering with for them.

Haven't bought anything requiring UPlay since.
If you've attached the game to your UPlay account, you can download it through UPlay and it should work fine. AFAIK the issue was the version of UPlay that came on the disk itself and Ubi changing the numbers in an odd way.

Associate
Gamersgate currently has the complete edition for just under £40, base game for £17. Got the other Anno games on sale too. Actually it's got a few things on sale, but those are relevant here :p

Underboss
Been playing the heck out of this recently, loving it - never played an ANNO game before and I'm hooked.

Although wiped x3 of my competitors off the map so now stuck with just Beryl which is a bit of an oops.

Back
Top Bottom