Annoying driver issue - HP Gaming Laptop

Soldato
I have just bought a HP Gaming PC.
Its ridicul;ously high spec for what I paid for it, but I am now nderstanding why I got it for so little.

I just cannot for the life of me, get the drivers in fully?

The Laptop itself, if a HP Gaming Pavilion i7-cd052na
its an i7-9750H @ 2.6, 8GB RAM and has a 250GB SSD and a 1TB HD
Its got both Intel and nVidia GTX1650 Graphics, so thats sweet. Just like my Clevio.

Now, the issues are simply that no matter what I try, I just cannot get either the Intel or the NVidia drivers in?

Windows 10 itself also cannot find any drivers for it and both are showing up as MICROSOFT VIDEO DEVICES

The best I get, is that the drivers are not for this device, or it cannot find the device?
I have used the Serial number and the product numbers to both use the HP Driver finder tool ( And that fails too ) or I simply manually download the drivers, and I have downloaded EVERY Driver that there is for this Laptop and I still get the same issues.

I do not have any recovery media, and HP want a ridiculous £42 for a Recovery Disk.

My only thoughts are, that the version of Windows 10 that I am using, is not the right version and that I need to do a full fresh install, but then how do I get hold of that specific version?

Can anyone help me on this?

Soldato
OP
I am such a moron at times.

I already have done this very recently and grabbed an ISO, but that did not work.

I have done it again after you said this and the ISO is a slightly bigger ISO so its clearly different, and I installed using that one and yeah, its working now.
I did the SDI Install rather than the Intel installs just to see and yeah, they installed!

I should have clicked when this is doing pretty much what my Clevio did, but with the Video drivers as opposed to the Audio drivers!
The Clevio has a sweet SoundBlaster Cinema software thing that only seems to work ONLY with one exact specific driver from the original CD, and nothing else.
This really got me annoyed because it updatyed the Audio driver about 4 months after buying the thing and its never worked since.
I did get it working once or twice, but only by going back to Win 8.1 and using the CD to add the drivers, but a few minutes after I get it online, it stops.
What a pile of poo.

Anyway, yeah, this has done the trick, but its using a version of Windows that I dont like, cos I cannot automaagically log on now... I will have to bypass that now!

Thanks dude, sorry to waffle. I am clearly Autistic.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I did, but that also failed to find the drivers.
I am a hoarder and I do this with Drivers too! - I have every version of the nVidia drivers going back to my first ever nvidia card, I have tried most of the latest nvidia card drivers, certainly that supported the 1650, plus I have used nvidias own way to find teh driver but that failed, as did manually selecting it, and I have tried a few driver installers, but none would do it.

Like I said, I had tried a load of options, but it turned out to want a different version of Windows 10.
This really only provides more proof that Windows 10 isnt at all the same as it was, when it was released.

Back
Top Bottom