another car vs house deposit

Soldato
OP
yup they definately look better and the shock value of an estate that goes like dung off a shovel. they look plain jane and unassuming, theyll be comfortable and quiet. i really want one

Soldato
I'd say house, i'd rather drive a cruddy car back to my own pad than live with parents with a fancy car.

Plenty of my friends spend 90% of their wages on their cars, then come to my place and moan about how they want their own place. I've even got a couple of mates who rent because money that *could* have gone on a house went on cars instead.

It WILL take longer to save up for a car when you have your own place, but does it really matter that much?

Soldato
OP
im renting a place anyway, but thats a head blag, its as good as burning the money, hence i wanna buy

well... once the 928 is on the road, ill get my kicks that way

Soldato
I had the same decision with 26k. I chose a house :p However, after purchasing a house im already looking at circa 15k cars :( Im happy I went with a house, its awesome mate, doing out my front room with some nice AV gear was very rewarding!

Soldato
OP
see im trying to justify the car thing by spending a very minimal amount on it, no where near £26k :D but it seems a waste as i dont have endless money and may need it in the near future

Back
Top Bottom