(Another) Dual Monitor Problem!!!

Associate
Had a look at previous posts and couldn't find anything that fitted my problem.

Basically I have just bought myself a cheapo ViewSonic VA2213w 22" screen with a 1920x1080 res. To replace my ageing and rubbish Dell E173FP 17" screen (Res 1280x1024).
Both work fine when attached to my Graphics card (A ASUS (ATi) EAH3450/HTP/512M).
Both monitors work fine indiviually on the card's VGA port. However I thought I might aswell try to use my old monitor as a secondary screen, connected via the DVI port which is also on my Graphics card. So bought myself an VGA-DVI adaptor and set the screens up.
Then went to Windows (XP 32 bit) Display settings where both screens were detected (However both screens are only labelled as 'Multiple Monitors on EAH3450'). Set the screens up regardless of the naming thing as you would expect with the extend destop checked and their respective resolutions set.
However when these settings are applied the (additional) Dell monitor remains blank, but windows and cursors can pass onto it. Furthermore when the power button on the Dell display is pressed a 'Power Saving Mode' message comes up and switches off momentarilly. The same thing happens when the screens are reversed except the viewsonic simply displays 'No Signal'.
So I've tried to update my drivers as far as I can see from the components respective websites (both Card and Monitors) to no avail.
Also when attempting the same thing on the ATi Catalyst Utility the result is the same, however Catalyst does register the screens as their respective names rather than a generic name as Windows did.

Sorry about this rambling a little. I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any ideas on this?

Associate
OP
timciren,

Forgot to mention I tried that and unfortunately it was unsucessful too.
Could be the connector I suppose, but find it weird that the PC recognises the screen as being there on the DVI but no image.

Back
Top Bottom