Another RMA story

Soldato
This the x numbered RMA thread ive posted.

anyways... ive already sent the replaced memory with RMA because it wasnt running faster than 166mhz 2T.

The replacement memory i got through the RMA still has the same problem.. doesnt run faster than 166mhz 2T without the computer restarting or locking up.

after a few run arounds in forums it looks likely to be a motherboard issue.. not memory.

so i sent a webnote to overclockers again... basically asking is it a motherboard issue... but they have sent me another RMA for the memory... what should i do? i am going to try the memory in a mates computer on monday to see if he can run it faster than 166mhz.. and if he can.. is it most definitely my motherboard that is pooped? or should i send this memory back again?

ive contacted sapphire and ati... they are useles.. all they say is update bios or drivers... doesnt work.. and there is no updates for my bios.. idiots :p

Soldato
Whats your system spec, maybe people on here can help you.

I for instance had a problem of my system crashing everytime I tried to tweak the ram from its auto settings, turned out that it was because I had my hard-drive with windows on - on sata 3, my 2nd drive on sata 2 - switched my windows drive to sata 1 & 2nd drive to sata 2 - system working perfectly with ram tweaked to spec. Was me being careless & being to quick to set-up my system.

Soldato
OP
amd

gskill hz pc4000

x1800xt

hiper type r 580

sapphire pure innovation

all my troubles started when i put in a 120gb ide hdd in slave

the computer never was right after that, i.e. the mem for some reason never has worked over 166mhz 2t.

my main hard drive is 200gb IDE maxtor.

ive had the mem replaced and still same problem.

ive reformatted and cleared the cmos, i taken the slave drive out straight away.... the slave drive was fine at first, until i tried to format it.. then the pc crashed.. and after that it wouldnt boot up without mem being 166mhz

P.S. when i put the slave drive in in the first place. i also put the 2 mem modules in slots 1 + 2.. instead of 3 + 4... dont know why, thought it looked neater

Soldato
I had a faulty mobo I had to RMA, PCI-E slot was shagged so got a replacement, maybe its just the mobo but dont be too hastey see what people come up with here.

Soldato
OP
ive had you and one other person that has suggested that its the mobo... im too worried to buy a new one... incase the mobo is fine.

cant rma as i have no proof of purchase (silly me) but i need the comp working asap... as im using some one elses lappy

Associate
Sounds like your processor has defaulted to a safe mode bios setting which could be fixed with a bios setting, I have no idea what that might be. But maybe worth going over it since you reset the cmos to default something has changed in the bios.

Soldato
OP
all this happened before i had to reset the cmos too. i was having trouble before resetting it.

everything worked hunky dory til i put the slave drive in and swapped the mem modules from slots 3 and 4 to slots 1 and 2.

ever since i havent been able to run the mem faster than 166mhz 2t

ive tried putting them in different slots and using one stick still nothing. changed the ram and still the same problem. ive fiddles on in bios for 2weeks now and nothing, im getting nowhere.... and i need it running ASAP. so if i know what is definitely borked i can replace this week.. thats all i want to know

Back
Top Bottom