another school kid arrested

Soldato
Haven't read the whole thread so this might have already been said. Since when was it illegal to be racist? Even if she did say racist remarks, surely that's no reason to be arrested? Suspended from school maybe but put in jail?

Soldato
Psyk said:
Haven't read the whole thread so this might have already been said. Since when was it illegal to be racist? Even if she did say racist remarks, surely that's no reason to be arrested? Suspended from school maybe but put in jail?

New laws I think.

Man of Honour
singist said:
Codie ............. a good traditional English name that.

"allegedly referring to the students as "blacks""

Look at the photo' of her and tell me she's the little angel that her Mum would have you believe.

I'm flabbergasted that one of our oldest members is coming out with the crap above.
So the name Codie and wearing a school uniform with looped earrings makes her not an angel? Unbelievable.
Oh, and the term 'blacks' is actually the proper politically correct name for such people so it looks like you are the 'racist' if you use other words.

It may turn out that she is no angel but classing a person by her photo and name is just childish.

Permabanned
VIRII said:
It is noticeable that the schools with historically good scores and ofsted reports do not have high numbers of students for whom English is classed as a second language or high numbers of kids with behavioural or learning difficulties.

I wonder why this is? Could it be that kids who can't speak English well hold back the rest of the class as do those who disrupt class?

Doesnt seem to apply in this case.

"Fewer than two per cent of pupils at Harrop Fold come from an ethnic minority.

It had the worst GCSE results in the entire Salford LEA last year with just 15 per cent of pupils achieving five good passes including English and maths, a third of the national average. "

Soldato
Why can't we use the fact that she conforms to a aesthetic stereotype as a form of perception into her personality? Or is this just a case of being on one's high horse?

I'd say the way one looks can certainly help delude how they act - it's all part of how society works.

-RaZ

Permabanned
MoNkeE said:
Why can't we use the fact that she conforms to a aesthetic stereotype as a form of perception into her personality? Or is this just a case of being on one's high horse?

I'd say the way one looks can certainly help delude how they act - it's all part of how society works.

-RaZ
Delude - do you mean deduce?

I agree with dmpoole.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
I'm flabbergasted that one of our oldest members is coming out with the crap above.
So the name Codie and wearing a school uniform with looped earrings makes her not an angel? Unbelievable.
Oh, and the term 'blacks' is actually the proper politically correct name for such people so it looks like you are the 'racist' if you use other words.

It may turn out that she is no angel but classing a person by her photo and name is just childish.

Go look up the word "irony" and come back and reread what he said. I read his post as meaning she ISNT an angel and is in all probability a mouthy racist chav anyway.

Still i do agree that wanting to move to a group you can communicate with isnt being racist at all, its being sensible. The teacher was obviously at major fault here and so was the school for allowing such situations to arise in the first place.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
Delude - do you mean deduce?

I agree with dmpoole.

Yeah, I meant deduce - one of those days :)

Do you agree with DMPoole that judging her by her photo is childish? It's not so much that I'm judging and condemning her, rather I can see that aesthetically she falls under the stereotype of looking a bit chav-ish. Which would make it believable if she had said possibly more than the report's letting on.

Yes, judging someone by their appearance isn't socially correct, but when we've not been told the whole story and we're left to deduce (yay, right word!) and speculate the rest of the facts, it doesn't make it any less of a valid observation.

-RaZ

Soldato
Your in England, speak English.
I'm certainly not going to make the effort to learn Urdu or whatever the hell it is.

Today, in a Uni class, these 2 Indians were speaking whatever they talk.
I was like, WTF, for all I know they could be calling me a **** and generally taking the wee.

Permabanned
rabanthor said:
Doesnt seem to apply in this case.

"Fewer than two per cent of pupils at Harrop Fold come from an ethnic minority.

It had the worst GCSE results in the entire Salford LEA last year with just 15 per cent of pupils achieving five good passes including English and maths, a third of the national average. "

There are of course execptions to every rule and it might simply have rubbish teachers.
I have based my observations upon looking at a large number of schools and it is a generalisation not a hard and fast rule.
It could be that the school serves an area where the average parent is 14 years old too.

Permabanned
MoNkeE said:

-RaZ

So we can conclude without doubt that the two brothers in Forest gate were indeed guilty and terrorists then?

Soldato
VIRII said:
So we can conclude without doubt that the two brothers in Forest gate were indeed guilty and terrorists then?

Hey, why not just say anyone in a Turban is a terrorist aswell. As by his way of thinking terrorists are usually islamic, therefore islam = terrorists.

Soldato
How did I know this perspective would pop up? You're taking a large group, which happens to have a tiny minority which happen to be terrorist and comparing that to my large group which happens to have a large majority who confirm to their stereotype?

-RaZ

Soldato
MoNkeE said:
How did I know this perspective would pop up? You're taking a large group, which happens to have a tiny minority which happen to be terrorist and comparing that to my large group which happens to have a large majority who confirm to their stereotype?

-RaZ

You know this how? You have statistics ,you're saying it's a fact? Not to mention it's an insult to most of the british working class.

Back
Top Bottom