Ant McPartlin

Caporegime
Such a shame to see this guy start on a downward spiral like he is doing. Painkiller addiction, drink addiction and now a drink driving arrest which could see him jailed. Also been going through a divorce too. Just thankful for everyone that no-one was seriously hurt in the incident. I ma not defending him by the way, Drink driving is unforgivable and he should have the book thrown at him like everyone else does.

But I genuinely think him and Dec are two of our best TV presenters ever, and their on screen chemistry is great. Now Dec has to go it alone for the foreseeable future, which wont be the same.

He's in rehab, but alcohol is a horrible addiction as it's so easy, and common, to relapse badly. I hope he doesn't go the same way as Gazza, who has been in some terrible states in the past with his yo-yo drinking problem.

No doubt someone will pipe in about him having no problems due to his wealth but that has nothing to do with the struggles of addiction. Some of the most famous and richest people in the world have descended into alcoholism.

Caporegime
OP
I hope he sorts himself out. One thing that does annoy me though is that, like many 'celebrities' who are caught out, he jumps into 'treatment' as soon as bad publicity is threatened. He may well need that treatment and it may well be the right thing for him. But if he genuinely needs it (which he probably does) then he should have sought it beforehand. Maybe I'm just cynical but I see too many people doing this to stop bad news rather than genuinely to fix their addictions.
Yeah it seems par for the course as a form of damage limitation. Making you look like you're making an effort. Mind you, he has entered rehab before without any major incident prompting it. Maybe this was genuinely a sharp wake up call.

Caporegime
OP
Just leaving court :p

C41_ALNP.jpg

:D

The timing is impeccable.

Back
Top Bottom