Antec KUHLER H2O 620

Associate
so im thinking of getting the Antec KUHLER H2O 620 for my new pc do you guys think its worth it and dose it work better than air? if not is there an alternative?

Associate
many have gone liquid cpu coolers, they are providing a good balance between better cooling, but no where as good as the real water cooling.

Ive heard top end heatsink/coolers around £50-60 can compete with a top liquid cooler though....

Soldato
I've had a H50, and no complains. It did the job quietly and efficiently. They tend to be expensive for what they are, but they aren't bad, they look good, and are useful in some situations. Small case, tall rams, less / more secure dead weight, fit in place of a rear exhaust fan, hell can even use them to cool GPUs.

Soldato
I wa using the 620 with 2 ap15's Push pull. Temps on an i5 2500k were great but there was a weird faint noise from the pump. I put up with it till I went for a proper full loop

Soldato
no, all coolant can damage components if there is electricity going through them. we leak test with everything disconnected apart from the pump using the paper clip method. that way if water does leak onto parts then we just mop it up and let them dry before pluging them back in.

Soldato
Have a 620 here with 2 generic (but identical) fans in push pull, my temps are ok but it's niggling me they git a bit high sometimes so I've ordered some AS5 to see if that helps.

Otherwise it has been a decent cooler.

Associate
I've got the Kuhler 620 with push/pull fans and I'm very happy with it. As already said the cpu temps will not be as good as a top end air cooler but I went for it anyway for a couple of reasons:

- It's a lot smaller and lighter than a giant heatsink and makes working inside the case a lot easier.
- It dumps the heat directly outside the case which lowered my overall case temp and lowered my xfire gpu temps.

Caporegime
They are ok if you have tall RAM and want the "minimalist" look they give inside the case, but due to the thin rad on them, they are bettered by £30± heatsinks.

The H80/920 work better as they have more surface area from the thicker rads.

Associate
mines working great, 2 1850rpm gentle typhoons running push pull. running them through a fan controller at 1100rpm though and temps are good + noise is lower. Fans on my graphics card are much louder under load.

Back
Top Bottom