Antec NeoHE 550W Modular ATX2.0 PSU

Associate
Greetings.... anyone using one of these psu's , any problems with nforce 4 boards?
Looks a nice small psu...would one of these be enough to run the following hardware? decided to build a small form system.

Amd Dual core X2 4600 CPU
MSI K8NGM2-FID, nForce430+GeForce 6150, Socket-939, m-ATX Mobo
2 gig gskill 3200 memory
sapphire x1900 xtx graphics card
Nec litescribe dvd re writer
74gb raptor drive
samsung spin point 160gb sata 2 drive
HDA X-Plosion 7.1 DTS Connect sound card
Silverstone SG-01 Evolution MicroATX Case Silver
3x 80mm fans + crossflow fan

think thats about it.......thanks in advance.

Regards N

you might be better off going for the 4400+ X2 because it has 1mb cache per core compared it to 512kb on the 4600+. Ok the clock speed is higher on the 4600+ but you can overclock up to 250fsb on that board and soon bring it up to the same speed (or faster)

marc mercer said:
you might be better off going for the 4400+ X2 because it has 1mb cache per core compared it to 512kb on the 4600+. Ok the clock speed is higher on the 4600+ but you can overclock up to 250fsb on that board and soon bring it up to the same speed (or faster)

Hi ...i already have the x2 4600 cpu, should have gone for the 4800 for the extra cache, but was short of funds :-( gutted i sold an opteron that did 2.75 ghz on stock volts...still feels pretty quick though, if i can get 2.6ghz out of the cpu and mobo i'll be happy.
Going to go conroe when they are released and will most likely build another system around it, the amount of times i buy and sell hardware..would be very useful having a second pc :)

I've read that sometime in February Antec has fixed the incompatibilty with Nforce 4 mobos and released an updated version of the NeoHE psu. However they did not recall the old PSUs so there is a risk that they are still being sold. I was thinking of getting the NeoHE but for this uncertainty i'm holding off with buying it. I might go for the Seasonic in the end.

Day03 said:
I've read that sometime in February Antec has fixed the incompatibilty with Nforce 4 mobos and released an updated version of the NeoHE psu. However they did not recall the old PSUs so there is a risk that they are still being sold. I was thinking of getting the NeoHE but for this uncertainty i'm holding off with buying it. I might go for the Seasonic in the end.

Thanks for the reply, yes just been reading a thread on aandtech about problems with the antec so think i'll give this one a miss also.
The seasonic is a great psu..wish they did a modular one.

Back
Top Bottom