Antec PSU RMA?

str

str

Soldato
My Antec TrueControl 550W has become faulty. PC stayed on but all the fans stopped running including the fan in the PSU. It was the burning/melting smell coming from the PSU that alerted me to it! It was seriously hot. :)

So to my question:

Does Antec allow an RMA without having the receipt? I haven't a clue if I'll find the receipt but I remember it was bought around 2 years ago for £105 including delivery and the PSU has a 3 year warranty.

I think Antec require the receipt :(

When I was looking into RMA'ing the 360watt PSU that came with my Sonata (and blew up after 14 months), I contacted antec and they asked for a receipt.
In the end I didn't bother with the RMA after realising it was going to cost me nearly £20 for a PSU that wasn't worth much more :( (Antec are in the Netherlands IIRC).

WatchTower said:
Is there any good PSU makers that are in the UK?

Enermax (Coolergiant UK) and Tagan (Nanopoint UK) are supposed to be good for RMAs, though I've only had experience from the latter which was excellent (didn't cost me a penny to swap out about 5 PSUs)

p4radox said:
I needed my Receipt to get an RMA on my Antec 300W. :(

If you bought it in the UK, UK law applies and as I recall it is not a legal requirement to have a receipt.

Retailers aren't necessarily obliged to give you a receipt, so you shouldn't be obliged to produce one!

Courtesy of some guys thread on all this a few days ago :D

SiriusB

Back
Top Bottom