Antec, something to consider

Associate
Antec and their 3 year warranty, not worth the website it's displayed on. If you need to RMA an item directly with Antec you will be expected to pay the postage there AND back. Did I mention that the RMA centre is in Rotterdam? Basically the postage will cost more than the item is worth.

Note to self, only purchase items that have UK based support.

That's the last time I ever spend money on an Antec item.

[The history]

I have an Antec SmartPower 2.0 500w PSU, it has stopped working, just emits a nasty buzzing noise.
I contacted Antec requesting an RMA, noting in the request that I had tried the PSU on two different systems and it did the same on both, also that my other PSU (Antec TruePower 430w) would power either system succesfully.
Did they supply the RMA? No, they suggested I buy a TruePower 2.0 as my older Truepower obviously worked!
I politely pointed out that the PSU was actually faulty and under warranty at which point they provided the RMA request form.
Upon reading the small print I noticed the part about returning the item to the Rotterdam address and pre-paying the return postage!
[/The history]

Postage there and back would be around £40, weight is around 1.75kg! Not worth it tbh.

Just thought it would be worth other people knowing before they purchase an item with what, on the surface, appears to be a good warranty.

Okay, just received an email from Antec (boy do they work late!) and they will pay the return postage. This is an improvement but it would be wholly better if they had a UK operation.

Not quite true pmdelaney, it is a manufacturers warranty not a suppliers warranty and therefore the manufacturers responsibility. The supplier may decide to help you with the process but they don't have to.

I can't find the receipt so I'm stuffed. The bizarre thing about that is they haven't been making them long enough for it to be out of warranty, but you still require the original receipt.

And that was my last ever Antec purchase.

Back
Top Bottom