Ant's, what really kill's them.

Soldato
where i live there is a massive problem with ant's, what really kill's them.
like really not the crap you get from B&M, what really mess's them up. last year i water my driveway with petrol worked a charm but was a bit of a smell for a day and not the safest thing to do

Soldato
OP
The bait stations yes and no. It’s a fast fix but doesn’t sort the problem. I see little mounds or sand on my path and there where there coming from the stations stop them coming in but don’t sort the problem of ants nests all over.

If my kids sit in the grass within a minute or two there is ants there.

I want the sort of stuff that makes the ground glow on a night but won’t kill the kids

Soldato
where i live there is a massive problem with ant's, what really kill's them.
like really not the crap you get from B&M, what really mess's them up. last year i water my driveway with petrol worked a charm but was a bit of a smell for a day and not the safest thing to do

yeah some people messed with ants before , it didnt work out to well

Soldato
I had an ant problem in the summer in my conservatory with a trail of them all the way to a jar of honey in the kitchen. Whatever the first thing I found in the bargain shop did the trick within a day. Powdered stuff, just sprinkled it on the route they were taking, and put the honey in the fridge :cry: I'll get the brand later. The stuff was like a war crime

Last edited:
Soldato
As I’ve got pets so spraying/powering that **** around the garden/house/wherever.

I had an issue last year, maybe even the year prior. Just make up a bucket of white vinegar and water and just emptied it all over the front step and garden path. Never seen them again.

Simple, safe and cheap.

Man of Honour
I’m guessing you don’t just mean that if you boil some water near them, as part of some spooky ritual all the while chanting “I call upon Zefan to slay these foul creatures” they’ll miraculously die?
Oh man hell yes. This is what I post for.

Also realised that this is for a grass area, don't do boiling water, my slaying includes actions that may (will) destroy your grass.

Caporegime
My mum had loads of ants in the back garden when I was a teen.
sometimes they would find ways into the house as well.. then you would get the long line of ants marching towards food sources etc... had them in cereal boxes and all sorts one year

I killed them with a few kettles of water onto the grass/patio where any holes were.

They never came back either even decades later

from all of the ant keeping videos on YouTube it suggests it takes very little to unbalance a colony and for it to collapse on itself
Blackbirds or most other garden birds seem to like eating ants.

that's the problem then in it , the stupid blackbirds are farming then, like ants farm aphids

you might have to swallow a spider

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom