• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any AMD users use the iChill function?

I like playing the likes of Defense Grid 2. iChill is perfect for those sorts of games. I can't believe nobody else really uses it. I can't imagine NOT using it now. I've even got seperate iChill profiles for all the games I play. Does Nvidia have smoething similar?

I always have it on now, when it was announced I didn't really see the point. I wasn't expecting the drop in temperature and power draw to be quite so dramatic

Man that's a brilliant bit of software for anyone using AMD cards. In some games I can drop my power consumption by 100 watts+ :eek:

Power and heat output are dropped massively when gaming

Anyone else using it?

Interestingly when AMD released cards that used more power and ran hotter than their Nvidia counterparts AMD a lot of people said they don't care about power usage and heat. I guess that's why most people don't use it and anyone that cared about these things just bought Nvidia.

I like playing the likes of Defense Grid 2. iChill is perfect for those sorts of games. I can't believe nobody else really uses it. I can't imagine NOT using it now. I've even got seperate iChill profiles for all the games I play. Does Nvidia have smoething similar?

Nvidia just make their cards more energy efficient so you don't need a software solution. :D:p

Interestingly when AMD released cards that used more power and ran hotter than their Nvidia counterparts AMD a lot of people said they don't care about power usage and heat. I guess that's why most people don't use it and anyone that cared about these things just bought Nvidia.

Nvidia just make their cards more energy efficient so you don't need a software solution. :D:p

When nVidia cards were actually catching fire a few years ago they released nothing. Did they release a software solution for Async Compute or allow you to download that extra 500MB?

No, you weren't. You were trolling. You answered NOTHING.

Your first response was "buy nVidia"

Second line, "nVidia less power"

Not even remotely like an on-topic answer, and since you obviously do not have an AMD card why were you posting in a thread about whether or not you use the iChill software? (you troll).

Stop it.

No, you weren't. You were trolling. You answered NOTHING.

Your first response was "buy nVidia"

Second line, "nVidia less power"

Not even remotely like an on-topic answer, and since you obviously do not have an AMD card why were you posting in a thread about whether or not you use the iChill software? (you troll).

Stop it.
lol, I don't have an AMD card? Really?
With that statement I now can't take anything you say seriously as you've proven you don't know what you're talking about.

And I'll admit there was some jest in my response, hence the 2 smilies. Based on all your response this morning though it seems you want to start an argument.

No, I don't. I get fired up when people thread*** for no good reason. There is no other motivation. You did not dispute the fact that you had nothing to add to the discussion apart from not quite saying you have an AMD card, which isn't really relevant to the contention.

No, I don't. I get fired up when people thread*** for no good reason. There is no other motivation. You did not dispute the fact that you had nothing to add to the discussion apart from not quite saying you have an AMD card, which isn't really relevant to the contention.
you brought that up!

I've said that I responded to (better word than answered I guess) the OP and I've said that it was in part done jokingly (there are elements of truth to both).

Back
Top Bottom