Any downsides to a smart meter?

Soldato
I'm only asking if it can be done. I'm not interested in a debate on the pros/cons as that has been done to death everywhere already.

The simple fact is I don't want the fat cat energy companies and Gov having control over my meter.

Soldato
I'm only asking if it can be done. I'm not interested in a debate on the pros/cons as that has been done to death everywhere already.

The simple fact is I don't want the fat cat energy companies and Gov having control over my meter.

You should stick with reading the daily mail

Soldato
My Electric SMETS1 is getting swapped out tomorrow as the screen has died and it is not reporting usage, 1st installed 2016 by E-ON . Gas is SMETS1 and stopped reporting 4 years ago after swapping suppliers so have to send monthly readings :rolleyes:

Soldato
i find this really funny...i dont want companies controlling my meter, but i will let them control my direct debits and how much i pay them
Direct debits can be changed/stopped at any time and balance shortfalls can be paid up on the Amex card when a bill is issued.

Wait until surge pricing comes in and mandatory switch off at peak periods. It will come. It will be the next Horizon scandal.

Infact it is already here, discounts for using less leccy at certain times and days, therefore you're being controlled by your leccy company. Why should I be dictated to when I should use leccy. Again, the super rich get richer while everyone else gets a slap in the face.

Last edited:
Soldato
Direct debits can be changed/stopped at any time and balance shortfalls can be paid up on the Amex card when a bill is issued.

Wait until surge pricing comes in and mandatory switch off at peak periods. It will come. It will be the next Horizon scandal.

Infact it is already here, discounts for using less leccy at certain times and days, therefore you're being controlled by your leccy company. Why should I be dictated to when I should use leccy. Again, the super rich get richer while everyone else gets a slap in the face.
not controlled at all......who has stopped you using leccy at certain times of the day??

Soldato
Surge pricing already exists, you pay inflated unit prices to cover it every day. Also moaning about the super rich while denying yourself the opportunity to save money, the irony.

Soldato

Economy 7 has existed for years man. Please find new YouTube'rs to watch, you've clearly subbed to some right weirdos

The closest to real pricing is agile, but even that is still some way off.

NOT adopting TOU pricing is holding us back, its avoiding encouraging everyone to be better in time usage and helping to drive the people who get paid a fortune for the very top of the generation to be driven out.
The same people who are using oil generators etc to make badly polluting but very high cost energy available when the grid is most stretched.

Its not hard to see now that the venn diagram has a very high correlation between dumb meters and dumb people.

Back
Top Bottom