Any free hosting AND domain name sites?

Man of Honour
I want to set up a temporary website to show a local club what can be done so that they can then decide whether to take it forwards.

They're not a profit making organisation so are limited on funds and don't want to be tied into a contract.

Are there any sites that would allow a domain name registration and a small amount of hosting (literally, they're only going to be simple holding pages and there'll be about 5 visitors to it) for a short period?

If they choose to go for it obviously that would be funded.

Ta

Vidahost do a 60-day no-quibble money back guarantee on all their hosting packages. You won't get a domain for free, but then that's only £5 for a year or free with a hosting package (though unsure how it works if you get the free domain with the hosting then cancel the hosting within 60 days).

You could always use one of the hosts mentioned and get a .tk domain for free that forwards to it. I have used them in the past for Uni stuff to make an easy to remember address for when I'm showing presentation stuff.

Godaddy + discount code (google them) = £4-ish for a .com

Professional hosting for a low traffic website = £3 for a month.

If the project isn't worth spending £7 on it isn't worth the effort....

Last edited:
I would avoid free hosting and domains personally, especially domains as it means the company will own the domain, not you.

Vidahost offer hosting and a domain for around £24/year, that's your best bet.

Otherwise, I'm sure there's plenty of people on the forum including me who can offer free hosting for a small site, you'll just have to buy the domain for £3.

Godaddy + discount code (google them) = £4-ish for a .com

Don't use Godaddy, they are a horrible company, in favour of SOPA etc. I transferred all my domains from them to namecheap.com

I usually just self host in these situations, sure the site is slow and the uptime is not good, but it means the hosting doesn't need to be setup until the site is ready to be made public.

Don't use godaddy... LMAO. :D

I've used them for a decade~ish with no problems whatsoever. There is no good reason for not using them for a cheap .com (especially if you are on a budget and only setting up a demo...).

Much more reliable than "CHEAPDOMAINS.COM!" (or whatever), which is likely run by a couple of 12 year olds.

Last edited:
Don't use godaddy... LMAO. :D

I've used them for a decade~ish with no problems whatsoever. There is no good reason for not using them for a cheap .com (especially if you are on a budget and only setting up a demo...).

Much more reliable than "CHEAPDOMAINS.COM!" (or whatever), which is likely run by a couple of 12 year olds.

If you like net neutrality then why give Godaddy business, as they are against net neutrality.

I'd rather give my money to namecheap.com, who are a very respected registrar.

Back
Top Bottom