Any Idea how I can restore the "control panel>windows tools" shortcuts (Win11)

Soldato
Quit a odd problem, as the shortcuts show up in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools" but they dont show from going through the control panel.. Any idea why and how can I fix it because google can't help me for this odd problem?

JHzHbVl.jpg

Hmmm I clicked Start, typed in Windows Tools, clicked it and it showed up all the icons fine.

oJAzlbo.png

I opened File Explorer and looked in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\" but Administrative Tools was not there.

In Windows 11, Adminstrative Tools is now called Windows Tools.

Try click Start and typing in Windows Tools then click on it. Do all icons show up?

If all icons still missing, try this link below that may help you to fix odd issue.

Hmmm I clicked Start, typed in Windows Tools, clicked it and it showed up all the icons fine.

oJAzlbo.png

I opened File Explorer and looked in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\" but Administrative Tools was not there.

In Windows 11, Adminstrative Tools is now called Windows Tools.

Try click Start and typing in Windows Tools then click on it. Do all icons show up?

If all icons still missing, try this link below that may help you to fix odd issue.

All the shortcuts are were there suppose tobe, but are just not showing up in the windows tools, going through the control panel

NYVaZrZ.jpg

I'm guessing something somewhere has become unassociated with the new special folder CLSID {D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153} but not sure if there is a simple fix for it as I'm not near a Windows 11 system currently. Not sure if it is as simple as adding .{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153} to the end of the Administrative Tools folder - that seems the wrong way around.

I tested StartAllBack in Windows 11 on VMWare Workstation, all Windows Tools icons showed up fine with Windows 7 start menu.

Try this may help you.

That wont work because all the shortcuts are in that location, or in the windows tools folder anyway and Ive tried creating a folder called Administrative Tools, but it wont let me create Administrative Tools folder ...

znfdisq.jpg

That wont work because all the shortcuts are in that location, or in the windows tools folder anyway and Ive tried creating a folder called Administrative Tools, but it wont let me create Administrative Tools folder ...

znfdisq.jpg
I tested on VMWare Workstations, cant created folder in ProgramData because of access denied. Went to file properties, clicked security tab, clicked on edit button and clicked on my username to allow full control. I was able to created Administrative Tools folder but a dialog popped up said there is a folder already called Windows Tools, it asked me do I want to merge the folder? I cancelled it and tried renamed Windows Tools folder to Administrative Tools. It seemed worked then I typed Windows Tools in Start Menu and all icons still showed up fine.

8ccvSrr.png

Back
Top Bottom