Any legal heads here?

Soldato
Need some advice. I recently did my Will, ended up going with Co-op legal as it was one of the recommended places on the money saving expert site, and the Will was only £99. That's all done and dusted now.

I've also bought lasting power of attorney which was considerably more expensive. I got a couple of family members to sign as attorneys and one close friend of the family to be witness to them. But Co-op just sent three of the pages back to me saying that they have signing errors and that they would be rejected by the office of the public guardian. Bit of a pita. To be honest they're not really errors in my eyes, neverthless they say they need the witness and attorneys to put their initials next to the errors and then for me to return the pages in their prepaid envelope. It's a bit of hassle getting family members together again and I asked Co-op if it's ok if I initial them or get permission from the attorneys and witness for me to initial them, but they just say they can't legally advise on that. They said it could be a problem down the line and potentially invalidate the LPA.

I don't really want to hassle my family again but might need to. I'm wondering if any legal minds here think it's ok for me to initial them or if it's likely to invalidate the document? How would the office of public guardian know who initialled them? My family would be happy to just say they initialled the pages if asked, right?

Last edited:
Alright thanks. I'll just drive round to my family members and friend's houses and get them to initial the pages. Just thought I could try and make life a bit easier.

Back
Top Bottom