Any mechanics in here? Help please Audi A6

Associate
Hey dudes.

I need some advise please. I have a 2014 A6 ultra, that up until a week ago has ran without issue. I've had the car about 8 months or so and as she has just gone past the 4 years and 120k mark I booked a mobile mechanic to do my cambelt / water pump change.

The work was completed last wednesday. He tested it and all seemed well. I went to work thursday morning, my journey is approximately 7 miles and there were no issues. Pulling out of the car park at the end of the day I had an engine management light on the dash.

I gingerly drove her straight home and plugged my gismo in to check the fault out. Initially I had a P0011 (cam timing fault). Cleared that and had flashing glow plug light and a P0016 fault also cam timing related.

He has come back out today and essentially told me that he thinks the cams may be bent, but confirmed to me that he has checked over his work and it is spotless, so the fault must have existed prior and the changing of the belt may have disturbed things. He has checked / replaced the cam sensor and it made no difference.

I plan to get in touch with the credit card to get my money back, as I can't see that what he is saying makes any sense.

Are there any mechanics in here that can confirm that what he is saying could be plausable?

Reccomendations please?

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom