Any monthly contracts Broadband

Associate
Hi

I live in the UK and I'm wanting broadband for my flat. I'm only going to be living there for 8 months so I was wondering does anyone know of a broadband service (preferably unlimited) that has monthly contracts instead of the usual 12 month ones?

I've done some looking around but with no real luck so far. Found www.nameco.co.uk offer broadband with a minimum contract length of 1 month but it's not unlimited.

Does anyone know any others worth checking out?

Soldato
Unfortunately it's not going to be easy to find. I think with monthly contracts you generally don't get as much for your money. Also some 'unlimited' packages are not unlimited at all, they just don't outright tell you what the limit is.

Associate
OP
thanks for the reply, I've went for Virgin cause its the cheapest and fits my needs.

I'm needing a router as I will be sharing the internet with my flatmates but I'm unsure of what router specs and what I should be looking for.

I'm thinking of going wireless as running cables will be a lot of hassle but if its going to be a lot cheaper, I'll put up with the hassle.

My line can support up to 5MB broadband and the ISP supply a free modem. I was wondering what sort of specs I should be looking for in a router?

Last edited:
Soldato
A little hijack, I'm going to be in my property for about the same time as the OP, are there no alternatives to Virgin or Newnet? the providers I've found so far seem to have pretty lame caps set in place, and the uncapped ones seem to usually be above £20 or so pm. Any suggestions?

Associate
OP
tbh, I didn't really find any decent ones other than newnet, virgin and nameco. Nameco has a bandwidth cap but buying additional Gb/mth is pretty cheap.

I just went for Virgin cause me and my flatmates are quite heavy users so the unlimited option was a kind of must. Monthly suits me better as even though its more expensive per month, I won't be paying for the 4 "leftover" months in a 12 month contract after I move out so its cheaper in the longrun.

Back
Top Bottom