• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Associate
£450 should be the pricing if the 7800XT is on navi 32

Personally I think AMD should bin the 7800XT name this generation as that part has been used for the 7900XT, call this one a 7700XT and price at £400-450 while offering similar performance + more VRAM to the more expensive 4070 to get RDNA3 back on track and bring back some credibility.
Fair enough to have free speech but you’re spreading disinformation as AMD have called their cards the names they have thought about that describes their cards the best in terms of performance.

Soldato
You are mistaken. I’m happy with my 7900xt. It’s an amazing card and I love the fact that @Gibbo has made it the cheapest price in the land.

Suspect you wish you had a bit more vram?

Great to hear so you can just ignore me ? , I have no issues with the 3080 vram is fine no game I play is needing any extra pretty happy got good value out of it going close to 3 years still high settings :)

Last edited:
Associate
Tbh honest if I had anything below the 3080 I'd probably be looking at the 7800xt sorry meant 7900xt lol, but at this moment in time perfectly happy with its performance
I would not be happy playing at High settings if I spent £700 on a 3080 even if it was 2.5 years ago. If you had 12gb vram you could I suspect keep going for another 2 years. Anyhow you can always rely on Nvidia’s Jensen leather jacket charity next generation lol

Last edited:
Associate
Both are terrible AMD could have rescued it more aggressive pricing? And instead naming 7900xt as 7800xt
The rdna3 architecture seems a failure or it just didn't go as planned, Nvidia Ada architecture is actually impressive but they gimped them a lot and placed in wrong tiers while increasing the price

7900XTX is better and cheaper than the 4080 so seems like it is doing ok. 7900XT better and cheaper than the 4070ti, I'm going to guess the 7800XT is going to be better and cheaper than the 4070.

Soldato
I would not be happy playing at High settings if I spent £700 on a 3080 even if it was 2.5 years ago. If you had 12gb vram you could I suspect keep going for another 2 years. Anyhow you can always rely on Nvidias charity next generation lol

I would say 95% of games I play maxed out at 1440p and it's actually nothing in it between high and ultra

I have not the slightest temptation to upgrade and what's the point when on average the FPS is 100+ ? Looks like wasting money I understand if you have card that's really struggling

Also I probably owned equal amount of AMD and Nvidia cards I actually dislike Nvidia more lol

Soldato
7900XTX is better and cheaper than the 4080 so seems like it is doing ok. 7900XT better and cheaper than the 4070ti, I'm going to guess the 7800XT is going to be better and cheaper than the 4070.

That's debatable. And no ones saying Nvidia is giving us great deals I actually dislike Nvidia more for being the market leader and dictating it AMD isn't far behind :)

Soldato
Fair enough to have free speech but you’re spreading disinformation as AMD have called their cards the names they have thought about that describes their cards the best in terms of performance.
if that was the case then the 7900XTX should be the 7800XT as it performs similar to a 4080 just like the 6800XT performed similar to a 3080, the 7900XT would then be the 7800 as it’s about 10% faster than a 4070ti just as the 6800 was 10% faster than a 3070ti.

Associate
if that was the case then the 7900XTX should be the 7800XT as it performs similar to a 4080 just like the 6800XT performed similar to a 3080, the 7900XT would then be the 7800 as it’s about 10% faster than a 4070ti just as the 6800 was 10% faster than a 3070ti.

The name is meaningless. The performance and cost is what matters

Soldato
The rdna3 architecture seems a failure or it just didn't go as planned, Nvidia Ada architecture is actually impressive but they gimped them a lot and placed in wrong tiers while increasing the price
Seems a bit of an odd thing to say when AFAIK they addressed some (most?) of the shortcomings of the 6000 series. (improved RT, AI cores, AV1) And before anyone says it I'm not saying those things are world beaters, I'm just saying they've improved those thing.
read mine first.
I did, you said...
doesn't matter what is inside it's the actual performance that matters.
And i said...
Which is kind of dependant on the amount of compute units.
:rolleyes:

Soldato
Seems a bit of an odd thing to say when AFAIK they addressed some (most?) of the shortcomings of the 6000 series. (improved RT, AI cores, AV1) And before anyone says it I'm not saying those things are world beaters, I'm just saying they've improved those thing.

I did, you said...

And i said...

:rolleyes:

Of course you should be expecting improvements gen on gen

If you look at its spec on paper it should be performing better just seems something didn't go as planned

Soldato
Do you take glee out of criticising RDNA3 at every opportunity? It’s better than your 3080 or can’t you accept that?

Of course it should be better it's like close to 3 years older Iol but isn't worth buying for 40 extra frames when im already getting 100fps ? Literally makes no sense in my situation

How do I always criticise didn't I say the 7900xt is one of the better deals if you really need of an upgrade?

Don't read the comments lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom