Any of you guys belong to hacking groups?

Soldato
Just curious really, it seems there's one in my area and I'm considering membership.

Those of you who are members of such groups do you learn a lot of new skills? Is it useful for networking?

Last edited:
Assuming you're talking about a Hackspace, then yes. They're good for meeting people with similar interests and learning more about anything you're interested in normally. Most have some form of open night, so go along and see what it's all about.

Yes, several. They (mostly) all boil down to the same stuff though - geeks and beer, and not much else. :p There is a lot to learn from them, and is a great way to learn about bleeding edge stuff. It's also a fantastic way to find decent jobs.

Excellent, Just what I was hoping for! It seems my local hackspace was held at a room in a local electronics company but due to them down sizing it is now being held in the back room of a pub. :D

Membership seems reasonable too at £5 a month for a "starving student" so I'll pay a bit more then that.

With my last Uni module we were given a modified Arduino board, I'm hoping they can help me reverse engineer it into a bluesnarfer and in return I'll try and help with programming problems.

Last edited:
I went to one in Sheffield with some uni friends whilst there. Went to one in London once, it was pretty cool but a little intimidating. I would really like to go regularly as I have no space at home to do anything more than fiddling with my Arduino and breadboards.

I went to one in Sheffield with some uni friends whilst there. Went to one in London once, it was pretty cool but a little intimidating. I would really like to go regularly as I have no space at home to do anything more than fiddling with my Arduino and breadboards.

Hah cool so what sort of projects where they working on? :)

Back
Top Bottom