Any one here use Nespresso machines?

Soldato
I've just placed an order for my first and I'm looking forward to it while also wondering if it will be worth it :D they seem to get good reviews however the one I have gone for uses a new pod design to sort of eliminate 3rd parties making their own pods for cheaper.

They had £50 off plus you get a £40 voucher back to spend on their store which I found quite a fair deal.

Any recommendations on pods? I'm no coffee expert so I'm looming to try something new, not overly strong

Soldato
OP
didnt the nespresso pod patent expire. guess thats why they changed it.

I use cafe royale pods
Maybe the case! The new ones use barcode technology so when the pod is in the machine, it knows which one is inserted and blends it accordingly which is quite cool! Something else that can brake I guess ;)

Caporegime
I do, oen of the ncie small metal units. I used ot ave a Rancillio Silvia + rockygrinder but was a US version and I moved to europe. Needed something quick and cheap and the Nespresos hits all the key points; cheap, easy, fast, small unit, and actually decent coffee all things considered.

Coffee comes out predicable above average. With the Silvia I would get great espressos, or terrible, and everything in between. News beans were always a hassle to get the grind. Everything got pretty messy and you would wait an age for the machine to heat up.

Might move to a bean-to-cup in the summer, but a decent brand like Jura.

Soldato
OP
Her she is! Impressed so far, hotter than my previous machine and a lot quieter too.
5KtwAzx.jpg

Came with a variety of pods to try too. Offers 3 different sizes and 4 different cup sizes.

DxmipYm.jpg

Soldato
had not realised the centrifugal action replaces the pump

plus bigger capsules should mean sufficient coffee for a double espresso vs 5-6g in predecessor

refillable with a kit https://www.facebook.com/mycapllc/posts/881968498504501

I dont' see what they have patented to prevent others coming up with 3rd party capsules ?
they could update (IOT) firmware to invalidate capsule bar codes , but can't someome just print a ring shaped insert , say ?

Soldato
OP
Still waiting for promo voucher to come through before I buy any pods. They did say up to 7 days from when I applied for it so hopefully be here by tomorrow as I'm out if the samples now :D

Soldato
had not realised the centrifugal action replaces the pump

plus bigger capsules should mean sufficient coffee for a double espresso vs 5-6g in predecessor

refillable with a kit https://www.facebook.com/mycapllc/posts/881968498504501

I dont' see what they have patented to prevent others coming up with 3rd party capsules ?
they could update (IOT) firmware to invalidate capsule bar codes , but can't someome just print a ring shaped insert , say ?

I imagine it's like the Tassimo whereby the barcode is just telling the machine what pressure, temperature etc to use. I've never seen third-party Tassimo discs either.

Soldato
their are cru kafe, gourmesso and a host of other places to buy pods for 20p a shot and they taste better than the nespresso ones
I had been using the Costco ones that work out at about 16p a pod. I found to get a decent morning drink I was using around 2 pods per drink and had about 3 drinks in the morning and 1 when I got home from work, so just me was 8 pods a day.

Caporegime
I had been using the Costco ones that work out at about 16p a pod. I found to get a decent morning drink I was using around 2 pods per drink and had about 3 drinks in the morning and 1 when I got home from work, so just me was 8 pods a day.

6 shots in the morning?

you should probably try quitting tbh with that sort of consumption all in one go.

Back
Top Bottom