any online dreamweaver basic guides around want to learn it

Associate
I would like to learn dreamweaver an have a go at some site designing, can anyone guide me to where I can learn all the buttons an menu options mean, if total newbie...

I can not get my head around html coding and have not used any program similar since front page 2003 hence me wanting to learn Dw as it looks similar

Soldato
Dreamweaver is an IDE, there is no learning it.

If you want to learn how to design / build websites you want to look at some HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery tutorials.

Dreamweaver is just a tool to write the above.

Soldato
Dreamweaver is an IDE, there is no learning it.

If you want to learn how to design / build websites you want to look at some HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery tutorials.

Dreamweaver is just a tool to write the above.

Yeah, do this.

Dreamweaver kind of sucks. Just use a decent text editor like Vim or Emacs to do your coding. It will save you the money on Dreamweaver as well.

Associate
While I agree that writing the code is definitely the best way to learn web dev yourself suggesting solely using Vim, Emacs or Notepad++ etc seems crazy to someone who says they cant even get there head round HTML.

I have found The New Boston site good in the past especially when starting from scratch and they have a Free Dreamweaver Tutorial on there Dreamweaver Tutorial

I don't know if you already have Dreamweaver, if not I am sure you could get through this course within your 30 day free trial, after which time you may feel a little more comfortable with Coding (depending on the content of course I guess). Then you maybe able to move on to some more advanced coding and ditch Dreamweaver for a free IDE/text editor.

I personally use PHP Storm which is around the £75 mark.

Last edited:
Associate
did you have a look at that book? i did initially started by using kompozer and online tutorials. but after reading that book i instantly ditched kompozer and started using notepad++, its much easier and you learn about how to structure your site

Soldato
you can download kompozer, its mozila's equivalent. i was in the same situation 6 months ago, i bought a book HERE it helped a lot and i didnt even use dreamweaver or kompozer. just built it in notepad

Just ordered that book, I remember doing some website work back in college and really liked it. So want to try to learn some new stuff!

Back
Top Bottom