• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any point buying a new GFX with DX10 round the corner

Associate
OP
Well i think the best solution will be to have two computers, one to run any new software and DX10 games and an old with XP on it to do stuff that Vista may prevent. As long as they keep providing support for XP everything should be fine. Anyway how many normal peeps are going to buy Vista when it comes out. Not many. It will take years for it to become the dominant OS. They will still make games XP compatible otherwise they would be excluding 97% of the existing market. Only Geeks/Nerds who like MS products will buy it, the only other people who will get it, will be those who buy a new Dell PC (i.e. Pre-installed).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've no doubt that it will look the nuts, but i would rather have an OS that is great for running games. I don't want loads on useless *** using up all my resources and lowering my in-game FPS. Probably be able to disable most of the eye candy though, leaving you with little more than an expensive version of XP. Still don't whether to buy a graphics card now or wait till Vista. Think i'm gonna see what happens first.

Back
Top Bottom