Any Racing demos available?

Soldato
As per title, are there any racing game demos available for the rift? I have a friend coming over to have a play tomorrow and he's well into his racing so would be a pity if I can't show him something, thanks :)

Soldato
OP
No, I'm not into racing games myself, just wanted something to show a friend who is, I couldn't get LFS or Raceroom to work at all on the rift, Project Cars Pagani Edition worked straight away though and was fairly impressive, I'd be half tempted to get it at some point.

Associate
Yep Project Cars pretty much works when you click play. Other games take much more faffing about. Project Cars 2 is even slicker in VR, ,they've even optimised the graphics better for VR so load on the gfx card is slightly lower.

Soldato
If I buy that on Steam, would I have both the VR and normal version?
Yep. If you have a rift install it on steam then setup up a shortcut to run direct, you get better performance.
Right click project cars in your steam games list select create desktop short cut, right click the short cut it creates on your desktop then In the URL field delete: steam://rungameid/234630 and change to: steam://launch/234630/othervr.

Soldato
I've installed Dirt Rally and strangely it's launching in the Oculus mode by default, although the controls are all K&M. I actually can't launch it normally.

I'll post in the DR thread regarding getting the controls to work.

Back
Top Bottom