Any sign of a Logitech G29?

Soldato
Does anyone know if Logitech is planning to release an updated driving wheel? The G27 seems to be quite old now, circa 3 years maybe.

The g27 has been repackaged and relaunched. I am in talks with Logitech and hope to have new stock soon

They could do with reintroducing the sequential shifter adjustability on the gear stick, but just wanted to check before purchasing "old" tech.

Does repackaging and relaunch change anything except the box?! What is the purpose of this, did they stop production for a while?

It wouldn't make sense to replace it right now, but I bet the G29 will be very good. Maybe as a contender to the T500RS, keeping the G27 and DFGT below it?

I have talked to a few outlets who said to me that logitech stated that the G27 is EOL (end of life) so I'd hazard that we will see a G29, maybe with PS4 support as well or something.

I thought Logitech pulled out of the console peripheral market?

The G27 is a very good wheel, not as good as the T500 but then it isn't twice as much. A beefier successor to the G27 would be welcomed though and not just cosmetic changes I hope.

To be honest the G27 is quite hard to fault.

Aside from cosmetic changes I can't see much that they could do in order to improve it. I've had mine since it's release and is still going strong with no hitches.

Would be interesting to see what they would bring out with a new model though.

Don't think there is even a hint or rumour of a G29 in the works, instead Logitech just decided to "relaunch" its entire range at inflated prices. Guess all that excellent CS (e.g. replacing peripherals outside of warranty) costs them too much!

They are also one of the few peripherals brands that product most* of the parts they use, so that's also why they cost a bit more.

* Some switches and some sensors are supplied by third parties.

Back
Top Bottom