Any tips for optimising code in Visual studios 2012?

Soldato
My final year project is to create a digital image stabilisation program in C++ using openCV. The idea is to stabilise a live feed from a HD webcam. In an ideal world it should be running at 25FPS, but the best I can do is 15-20FPS in release mode. Does anyone have any tips for optimising the code using any of the options in visual studios 2012? I'm not fussed by compile time, program size or memory footprint. Its a pretty small program which, at worst, will have a few pictures in its memory so all I'm looking for is speed. I've looked at a couple of the obvious settings in the optimisations section of the options and they haven't really made a noticeable difference.

Soldato
OP
Ok, so I guess there's not a lot that visual studios can do, thats a shame but pretty much what I suspected. Thanks for the advice though

Rroff, as you suspected the main culprits for hogging the performance are one or two functions in openCV that are critical to the program and that I just don't have time to hand code. I'm not going to pretend that my code is anything resembling well written, but its just one or two openCV functions that are taking a seriously long time to compute. (goodFeaturesToTrack() is the biggest problem if you are interested)

Back
Top Bottom