Any users of MyEclipse?

Man of Honour
I used to code professionally in Java many years ago and want to refresh my skills on a hobby basis again. I used Rational Application Developer at the time which was based on Eclipse. So it makes sense to consider using Eclipse which will be reasonably familiar.

My question for anyone using MyEclipse[/]... Is MyEclipse worth buying over using Eclipse for free with various plugins? The cost is relatively small but will it make life much easier?

Of primary interest is using it for personal use although if it wpuld be useful as a contractor in the future then that would be beneficial too (no plans for contracting but it's always useful to have additional work options).

I will be concentrating on web development and also a little Android development.

Thanks.

Soldato
Unless your programming in Java EE I can't see the benefit in myeclipse over eclipse for occasional use. Just grab a free copy of Eclipse and brush up :)

My personal preference for Java IDE is IntelliJ Idea. There's a solid community edition you can use for free they also have a specific community edition for Android. But if you need any of the pro features later it's worth the money imo.
If you're mostly doing webdev use notepad++/sublime text or buy a copy of webstorm/phpstorm and download a free copy of IntelliJ for Android (the latter 3 all by jetbrains).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom