Any VB.net Experts Here? Help Needed

Soldato
Hi Guys

I have an old script written in VB.net that has a DataGrid that allows me to do simple editing of a MySQL database. This script used to work perfectly, but now it's stopped working. The error occurs when I hit the Edit button in the DataGrid. I haven't changed the script, so I think it's the hosting environment that is causing the error.

The full error is given below. The server is looking for temporary ASP.net files, but then failing to find them. It's running on a shared hosting environment.

Are there any VB.net experts here that can help me to rectify this?

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\244b2b37\c0134493\uploads\mh-z27vj.tmp'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\244b2b37\c0134493\uploads\mh-z27vj.tmp'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\244b2b37\c0134493\uploads\mh-z27vj.tmp'.]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +193
System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +1162
System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access) +67
System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.EnsureTempNameCreated() +360
System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection.AddExtension(String fileExtension, Boolean keepFile) +37
System.Web.TempFile..ctor() +219
System.Web.HttpRawUploadedContent.AddBytes(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length) +8837728
System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() +472
System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() +105
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +68
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +8806663
System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +97
System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +63
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +133

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3662; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3668

It's spitting out a DirectoryNotFoundException... have you checked that the full path it's looking for exists on the host server?

I would have to ask my hosts to. Are you saying they just need to browse to the relevant folder and delete the temp files?

I think when I then revisit the page, any temp files needed would be regenerated, is that correct?

Thanks

Actually, thinking about this, the error is saying it can't find temporary files. Therefore, it's looking for temporary files that it shouldn't be. So, I guess the vb.net application needs to be reset somehow, so it's not looking for temporary files?

How would the host do this?

Thanks for any help.

Have the host upgraded the version of ASP.net (or removed that version ?)

It's shared hosting, and I have a HELM control panel. I can choose either ASP.net v2 or v4 through the control panel.

I do think this is somehow related to the version of ASP.net. I am trying to find some suggestions for the hosting support team to resolve this, as so far they haven't managed to.

Any help is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom