Any web developers want to earn a bit of pocket money?

Associate
I feel bad doing this as I run a web design business (well used to be, now its mainly corporate application development and mobile platform development) but I could do with someone writing a fresh website for my Co.

I've been meaning to update the old site for many years as it doesn't really reflect what the company does any more and basically presents a bad image of the company IMO.

Reality is though that i've got months worth of work queued up at the moment and am having to work all hours god sends juggling various projects so the site is way at the back of the list but, equally, i'd like it doing.

All my servers are Win/.NET but I have PHP/MySql running on one of them along with a few client Wordpress sites so Wordpress would be a good solution. I've seen a few commercial Wordpress templates I fancy so may just be a case of minor mods to one of those and adding content i'll provide to it. Alternatively a static/.NET masterpage site may do the trick if you are a good designer but dont want to use Wordpress.

Dont want to pay a lot though (or i'd do it myself, i'm tight like that ;)) so if anyone thinks they can do that for a few hundred quid and has examples of work they can send through then PM me.

NOTE that a while back I had a developer from one of the freelancer sites undertake this work but it turned out his code was appalling and he really messed me around time-wise (hence asking on here this time for a UK-based developer) so I have to ask, only quote if you can actually do the work to a decent level of quality and to a reasonable timeframe. I'm aware we're all busy so all I ask is dont promise anything you cant deliver ;)

Also, if the work is good, there is a strong prospect of additional work in the future.

NO OFFSHORE DEVELOPERS (not in an 'I dont like them' way, I use various offshore resources for projects but this particular instance I'm looking for a fairly junior UK-based developer who will take pride in producing something slick).

I'm not going to post any details of the company etc on here as if I do i'll get deluged by freelancer or elance style generic offers from overseas but if anyone is interested then PM me with details of what you do and what you've done and we'll take it from there.

FORGOT TO ADD, must have been a member of this forum for at least a couple of months, sorry, but this is to avoid any production-line generic template development houses registering to quote (you can probably guess, i've got experience of asking for quotes online and the associated rubbish it brings), I'm looking for someone who shows an active develoment interest by posting on forums such as this.

Ta.

Last edited:
What might be helpful though for others interested would be an estimate of the size of your site and any functionality beyond normal navigation that you might require.

You are right.

Its currently a simple static site with around 7 or 8 pages so its replacement would be similar. I would provide all the new text content and details of how the navigation system should be laid out.

I'd ideally like it to have blog functionality so it would be those 7-8 pages as static headings within Wordpress (effectively using Wordpress to create a 'site' instead of a blog (i.e. doesn't look like a blog) with one of the nav headings leading to the standard blog bits.

So basically its a fairly simple marketing site for a technology company with static content and nothing that cant be done out of the box by Wordpress.

Main task is the design of something that looks good.

Durbs,

I emailed you a short while ago through trust with my details.

James

Cool, will check it out. Google apps postini checker seems to gobble any messages sent from this site for some reason (as i've found out since using the members market) so will go and hunt for it.

Back
Top Bottom