Any website designers/workers here?

Associate
If so, I would just appreciate some information.

I have absolutely no knowledge of website design and hosting etc, but for a project/business idea I have, I would appreciate some budget costs, for designing a website and then hosting and editing therein.

I don't want to divulge the nature of the business, but let's assume it's similar to an online directory for companies - searchable using clicks or choices through drop down boxes, and then each one has it's own page, information and links to their own website.

I would want someone to add more / edit and change as time progressed.

Would also want a quality design and feel, not a cheap look.

Many thanks

Soldato
I'm a backend coder... no pun intended...

My web design skills are okay... just not great :)

Stelly

I'm also backend / middleware devops - hopeless at design but can add the functionality on the frontend.... you should get into nodejs and JavaScript it's amazing how easy it is to transform the designed stylesheets and DOM by pushing data from the backend

I built this realtime energy and network scanner in a couple of days .... all data is pushed in realtime.... none of the old fashioned REST crap

nrg_zpsb6f4175d.png

Associate
All depends on how complex the design or website needs to be. Its like saying I want a new car... how much?

I recommend doing it yourself. Cheap hosting with wordpress for the win. The time spent learning basic CSS and a little photoshop will save you a fortune in setup costs and going forward.

Associate
+1 for wordpress, but trying to develop something custom maybe tricky to find with plugins and themes.

Finding a good developer and designer can be tricky, but once you have, a good chat with him will help establish a price...

Associate
I do this as a way of earning a little pocket money but also project plan a large website day to day.

You definitely want a CMS so you don't have to contact the web designer / developer every time you want to make a change.

Seems like a pretty straight forward idea to implement but obviously you'd need to divulge more information about the functionality before an accurate estimate could be given.

I'd give it a go myself, you can always fall back to a developer / designer if you can't do it.

Soldato
You're best going to a freelancer than a major company for a quote as it will be cheaper.
You'll probably want to use a CMS, Wordpress is great, but it seems some people do charge quite a bit for a PSD to Wordpress, it can be done quite cheaply if you don't want anything unique http://themeforest.net/ is a good site to buy Wordpress themes from and then you only have to get hosting setup.

Back
Top Bottom