Anybody here been to bristol uni? MechEng specifically.

Associate
Hey guys, been looking into Bristol Uni as well as oxford, on the off chance that i get a place for mech engineering.

Any body have any views on accomodation / courses at either or just general comments?

Would like a uni that is in this general region of the midlands and that is good for mech eng... So also open to other unis as well.

Associate
OP
I'm going to be applying for MechEng at uni next year. So far I got AAAD in my AS first modules, A's in maths, further maths and physics, D in chem. Do you think a university would lower the offer in some cases if I was doing further maths instead of something like geography? Most uni's don't seem to ask for further maths for mech eng but looking at Bristol they do.

This year bristol are ruling out people without A* A A ... gone up from last year :/

Associate
OP
(oh, and why Oxford rather than Cambridge? Eng at Cam is #1 in the UK, better on the world ranking and has some excellent staff)

Simple reason... I can only apply for Oxford or Cambridge and I think my chances at Oxford are much greater tbh... Cambridge is so hard to get in to.

Back
Top Bottom