Anyone able to explain this ?

Soldato
I have dark themes set, but windows seems to want to do its own thing, if I open up personalisation change it to a light theme and then back to a dark theme, everything goes dark (how I want it) then close it down and reopen it and its back to light again but only for a couple of the windows, everything else remains as dark.

6T8A1lq.jpg

Associate
I think that might be normal, or i have the same issue :cry:

I don't use it, but i guess it could be to do with how the OS tries to be two OS at the same time. Tries to cater for the mobile design where dark mode works, but desktop design it hasn't been polished.

Man of Honour
That's not normal. Probably a corrupt install. Try a repair install.

With Windows 10 it isn't that abnormal either - I need to reinstall/repair install one of my tablets as after recent updates it has started doing similar on the taskbar where some stuff is and isn't using the right light/dark theme correctly...

Soldato
OP
Have you tried to toggle the setting? Select light mode and then switch back. A repair install will not wipe your programs or settings and helped me enormously the other day.

Yes ive tried switching between light and dark, its does go dark if I keep the windows open, but as soon as I close them and reopen them again, its light again, its not sticking.

With regards to a repair install, will I need the installation media for that or can I do it from the windows update / advanced menu ?

Back
Top Bottom