• I've had medical problems through drinking and worry about my drinking

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I've had medical problems through drinking and don't care

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I don't drink / drink rarely.

Votes: 235 61.7%

• Total voters
Associate
I drink fairly often in the summer just because beer is the most refreshing drink. Don't usually have more than 2 though. Quite like getting a little buzzed occasionally but I don't like being drunk.

This is what drinking is about to me, sitting back and relaxing after some hard work with a tasty brew and maybe some tasty food, and reflect on the world for a moment:

not my pic but that's a slice of heaven. bratwurst and chips and a hofbrau after a bit of hiking.

Where is that???!

Wise Guy
Soldato
Used to like to drink but then discovered Organic beer. After 6 bottles (500ml) no hangover next day. Amazing. Honey Dew and Oxford Gold. Try it... You wont go back to steller or fosters...

They put all kinds of crap in mass produced beer. Artificial sweeteners, propylene glycol alginate, amyloglucosidase, glycerol, beta-glucanase, corn syrup, potassium metabisulfite.

One of the reasons German beer is the best :D they have the purity laws.

Soldato
nope and never have been.

done all my drinking 25 years ago now,ill drink socially now and 4 cans of bitter/lager at home can last me 2/3 month's.

cant see the attraction in getting blind drunk:)

Soldato
I don't drink for a couple of weeks on end then I'll go mad and have a 10 pint marathon on the odd weekend, usually if I've had a crap/stressful week. I never drink up to the point where I want to vomit though.

Used to drink a LOT so I still seem to be able to handle it, even if I'm not hitting it as frequently.

Caporegime
I haven't but ive known 2 people that went well OTT.
My uncle lost his job after a rough break up with wife was drinking 2 bottles of vodka a day :/ I was only 13/14 so i knew what he was drinking but not why.
Friend who worked in journalism was drinking a couple of cans at breakfast, 3 pints at lunch and would get drunk in the evenings nearly everyday for about 6 months. I dunno why or why he stopped but never been a good mate to him since. In hindsight i should have said more, did more but meh.

Last edited:
Permabanned
This past year I have been drinking too frequently. The last few months especially I have increased to drinking a 2-4 cans of hienekan/grolsch/becks per night and on weekends I drink about 6 cans but sometimes I skip days completely. But I have started to develop a beer belly and i have gone from size 34/36 to size 38, just from drinking too much as I was always skinny growing up, i have actually filled out a lot since drinking so much. I do find myself sometimes not being pleased with drinking so much and sometimes wake up in the morning and say to myself that i need to cut down on drinking but then just buy a few cans on the way home. Its easy but I prefer smoking cannabis because its healthier only problem with cannabis is that its illegal and ridiculously expensive and I also just tend then to drink the same amount and smoke cannabis at the same time. Been doing it for over 10 years so just used to it now.

Associate
I drink too much on a football weekend (home game followed by pub from 6 until closing) and occasionally I drink during the week for little reason other than to get a bit drunk. I'm quite conscious of it as I used to drink to forget my problems to the point I'd be throwing up and not remembering what happened the night before (several times a week). People shouldn't drink at home by themselves really.

Man of Honour
I always enjoyed a drink or two but started heading that way when glasses turned into bottles. So I decided to stop before things got completely out of hand and here I am today a very happy bunny.

Soldato
Ah, this thread again. If it had a poll, the answers would be
a) I think I might be an alcoholic
B) I'm not an alcoholic, I just drink every night to stop the sadness
c) I drink with meals but never get drunk
d) I don't drink

Soldato
I only drink on nights out, never just for the sake of drinking. Sometimes that means I'll drink heavily twice a week on Friday and Saturday but mostly only drink on average once a month.

Permabanned
Well after last weekend I am stopping. Spent £250 doing an all day all night binge, couldn't remember anything and woke up finding I had left a very embarrassing comment on a girls Facebook post I work with, which then lead to a full day of awkward silence on Monday, with only me and her being in the office, and as such I have now resided to a different room. Plus I am still feeling worse for wear now and it's Wednesday :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom