• I've had medical problems through drinking and worry about my drinking

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I've had medical problems through drinking and don't care

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I don't drink / drink rarely.

Votes: 235 61.7%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I binge drink from time to time, as most people do. On Friday I went to a nightclub, cannot remember a single thing of the night, woke up covered in mud (?!) and remained drunk for the entirity of Saturday.

Really, what was the point in that? I guess it's fun to let your hair down and be stupid, but if you can't remember it then why bother.

Permabanned
I binge drink from time to time, as most people do. On Friday I went to a nightclub, cannot remember a single thing of the night, woke up covered in mud (?!) and remained drunk for the entirity of Saturday.

Really, what was the point in that? I guess it's fun to let your hair down and be stupid, but if you can't remember it then why bother.

This is basically what I do. I am a totally different person when I'm drunk and if I could see myself on CCTV or something it would probably put me off getting in that state for life. I can't remember the last time I went out and restricted myself to a few unless I just go local or for something to eat etc. If I go into town I just go all out.

Man of Honour
This is basically what I do. I am a totally different person when I'm drunk and if I could see myself on CCTV or something it would probably put me off getting in that state for life. I can't remember the last time I went out and restricted myself to a few unless I just go local or for something to eat etc. If I go into town I just go all out.

Well that was a particularly overkill occation for me, but usually I just get increasingly silly to no negative consequence - derp derp :D

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Being at uni I have ended up drinking rather a lot aha. This term has been between 3 and 4 nights out a week and it's really run me down. Lots of fun, mind.

Soldato
There was these 2 girls that used to live above me, they got drunk ever single night, in fact, they dropped out of college (yes college degree) because it was not possible to do with their partying lifestyle, and they dropped out last year, never told the admin staff at the accommodation as if they did they'd have been told to leave almost straight away. They then got peed off when they found out someone "dobbed" them in.

One of the girls must have slept with about 100 people since September, or probably most of Manchester.

Lol.

Man of Honour
If I get a few bottles of beer in, say 8 that would last me a couple of months as I will drink one when I fancy or if a good friend has called in. I will drink more on occasion but never go so far as to being drunk; would probably say a little squiffy at best. That would be maybe twice or three times a year depending on occasions.

I easily go 6 months without so much as a sip, I am a social drinker but do not go with rounds or the crowd drinking scheme of things.

Soldato
I like a drink but not dependable on it. If I could afford it I wouldn't hesitate to drink a 4 pack of larger or a bottle of wine each night but this could get rather expensive!

At a weekend I may drink between 8 - 12 cans over Fri/Sat Sun then maybe a 4 pack throughout the week at that is that.

I don't drink to get drunk, I just enjoy the refreshment of cold one!

Permabanned
Yea i probably spend close to £250 a month on cannabis and booze :(

Definitely want to cut down or find another solution. I don't mind that much though. I like drinking, its worth it. But i don't like feeling like crap. Which is starting happen occasionally.

Soldato
I only depend on alcohol to get me drunk on a night out lol I can take it or leave it, I never understood why people drink to forget.

This comes from a guy who's mother was hospitalised with jaundice due to excessive drinking, she got very depressed about her dad's health and how they were going to afford the funeral.

I never understood it, my parents have always had money so I could never figure it out.

I only see alcohol as an experience enhancer, yeah I know it's wrong but I hate going out and not drinking, IMO, it makes a night out a lot more fun, being a desi-driver is not fun to me

Soldato
I binge. Won't drink too often during the week if I'm not doing much, but will have a heavy night on either a Friday or Saturday night.

At University I drank a fair bit which culminated in oesophagitis at the end of my first year - very scary, couldn't move, was struggling to breath and I was then given the biggest bottle of Gaviscon I've ever seen.

I moved into a new flat a year ago with friends - first time I've lived with friends since university, as opposed to randoms or on my own. We've made the most of the London nightlife, and as such this led to alcohol-induced prostatitis. This has been a ******* nightmare and resulted in a 28 day dose of strong antibiotics over Christmas. Thankfully it has sincere cleared up, but it's not something I ever want to experience ever again.

Rather annoyingly I've been dating again, and this is something which tends to be quite an alcoholic activity - and the girl I've ended up with probably drinks 4 nights a week (including 1 or 2 nights out on the booze). Not fun.

One of my flatmates i would consider to be an alcoholic. He works erratic shifts at work - frequently over night shifts in a media/press environment. This leads to him drinking regularly during the day, and he'll frequently go off to work with alcohol on his breath. He's aware of it, he's dad led the exact same life, and he's a tad concerned. Rather annoyingly this has led to him drinking almost all the alcohol in the flat... with 90% of this alcohol not belonging to him :(

Permabanned
I have always been good with being able to control my use. I never drink or smoke before work or if im doing something significant. I generally just drink when i get home in the evenings. It started out with the occasional night during the week buying one or two beers, then it slowly increased from two beers one night, to two beers 3 nights, next i thing i know i am drinking 4 beers a night for two weeks straight and i started to develop serious acid reflux problems that my breathe started to smell realy bad. I took a gaviscon tablet and then i started to get realy bad chest pains, that was a few weeks ago. But that has since gone away. But this thread has definitely made me think about it. I need to stop spending so much money on it anyway.

Soldato
I drink a 4 pack of Fosters and a 500ml bottle of vodka daily. It starts from about 9am (can before work), at work I'm able to drink vodka as it's for the most part odourless and looks like water in my cup.

The other 3 cans are drank at home with my evening meal and while watching corrie.

Man of Honour
I drink a 4 pack of Fosters and a 500ml bottle of vodka daily. It starts from about 9am (can before work), at work I'm able to drink vodka as it's for the most part odourless and looks like water in my cup.

The other 3 cans are drank at home with my evening meal and while watching corrie.

Not sure if serious.

Permabanned

Was going to say not sure if serious, then I re-read and that post is definitely not serious lol.

Caporegime

Dude.....really?

Back
Top Bottom